Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tala - Sentinels stand

I'm This is my take on tala pure heart deck. This deck is fine tuned and competitive.
    This deck is an easy 300. It is the culmination of several decks out there and uses several key allies to build stout protectors and control the board.

Hero - Tala Pureheart

2 - Jasmine Rosecult
    3 - Aldon the Brave
    3 - Priest of the Light
    3 - Fleet-footed Messenger
    4 - Marshland Sentinel
    1 - Layarian Seductress
    4 - Midnight Sentinel
    3 - Eleanor, Princess of Ellos
    4 - Yari Bladedancer
    4 - Smashing Blow
    4 - Crippling Blow
    4 - Blood Frenzy

When I fight another player with a board wipe such as Mage with supernova, or of course tidal wave I try to get resources up to at least 8, so that I can bounce back quick after a wipe. Most other players when not concerned with a wipe 6 or 7 is usually enough. I also rarely throw blood frenzy out on turn 3. I like to get board control first and then around turn 5-6 get frenzy out. Tempo is key and wasting turn three can cost the board. I would much rather have two allies and a protector sitting there on turn three than one blade dancer by himself and a frenzy.

Your key protectors are Eleanor (only if your fairly certain they don't have any direct damage), midnight sentinel or fleet footed messenger. I will allways hold my midnight sentinal to buff my protector. If he is the protector I buff him with another behind him. That gets you a fatty that's a protector. It can get serious.

Several key control cards help lock the board down. Of course there is crippling blow. However jasmine works well of course, but a big one is the under appreciated marshland sentinel. With him, jasmine and crippling blow you can have a ton of allies with zero ability to attack on the other side of the board. Priest of the light slows the other guy down a couple turns.

You may wonder why no rampage. I feel that if you get to a point that you need it, your going to lose anyways. When I do lose its ugly and when I win I have 15 health left.

One final point, as with all warriors, keep a blood frenzy in your hand at all times. To much attachment hate out there. I usually don't sac them at all and will often times have three in my hand.

Have fun. This deck is good.
    Last edited by Middle Aged Nerd; 12-28-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 BF is enough draw?
    What do you do vs fatties on late game?
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    4 BF is enough draw?
    What do you do vs fatties on late game?
    4 BF IS definatly 100 percent without a doubt enough draw.
    Fatties are cake. Either crippling blow or jasmine or marshland. No prob. No one is immune to jas or marshland.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see 39 cards in this deck. You might have forgotten FFM from the deck list?

Also what is the reasons behind 4x smashing blow? Do you feel that this much ID is needed?

Thanks for sharing!
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. See corrected list. As far as 4 Smashing Blow 2 Snow Sapphire and 2 Voice of Winter. They ruin your life. Not to mention that awful horrible human being Serena Thoughtripper.
    Last edited by Middle Aged Nerd; 12-27-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a good deck if your deck is unprepared to handle it. Heck, protector status alone is difficult to handle if you're unprepared. I came across many decks similar to this for a few months following the release of Shattered Fates. Luckily, I was prominently running Zaladar. Mind control and Energy Discharge made easy work of it. This strategy is one of the few reasons I tend to run ally hate in almost every deck I build and run.

As far as suggestions, I'd suggest a little additional draw. Your worst enemy here is instakill which swarm helps against, mass destruction and direct damage (mages) where I would suggest Tainted Oracle and/or Treasured Heirloom, and stall (Wulven) which is pretty much an auto lose for the human faction.

With additional draw, resource acceleration in the form of Jewelers Dream would also be a good inclusion.

However, I do realize that this is an early game aggro strategy that can take the game on t7 so taking my advise would somewhat change the playstyle.

As is, its a good deck though. Very simple and straight forward.

-2 Smashing Blow
    -1 Aeon
    -1 Blood Frenzy
    +2 Tainted Oracle
    +2 Treasured Heirloom
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 12-27-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good advice gunner. Can you give me one more piece of advice. How do you make that cool link to your decks at the end of your signature?
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey nice deck

I find for myself Sandworm is pretty crucial for tala

Sandworm as a protector
    - shuts down wulven from using now you're mine & death from above
    - survives nova twice if you can buff him to 7 health
    - helps you wear down key weapons like Anklebreaker

Another 5cc ally I would consider is Braxnorian soldier. Hiding a brax behind a protector makes it incredibly hard for your opponent to use key haste allies like Krygon, Viska and Bobcat... effectively helping you to lock down the board

Yari Marksmen also great value in a tala deck. Normally with marksmen he gets summoned and the gets killed the next turn because he only has 2 health. But if he is hidden behind a protector... he gets the opportunity to swing for 4 which is great

Maybe consider marksmen since you are packing 4 crippling blow and 4 marshlands sentinels... I would imagine you could have 2 disabled enemy allies on board quite easily.

Hope this helps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem that I have with sandworm is for 5cc I can cast a 2 cc and a 3 c instead. Or a 2 cc and a frenzy. There is too much ally removal to make it worth it. I throw sandworm and here comes mind control or assassination or embers of the just or transmogrification etc. and there goes my tempo. I appreciate the massive tank that is the worm. However I just find a weenie rush to work much better and allows you to keep pressure up.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the deck. I completely agree that x4 BF is enough for Tala. I even run only 3 from time to time. But I'd also add x4 the last harvest. I take tLH as a pseudo draw engine (something to spend res on without spending a card in hand, while helping the board). It also fits with your strategy that sitting at 4 res as long as possible then 5 res for 2cc+3cc.
    IGN: Kyltz