Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Pride of the Mountain VS Artful Squire vs Death Trap

Sorry for opening this new thread, I would have gladly replyed to the previous one but it somehow results to be locked or I have no access rights to it anylonger.

What I want to ask here is:

-Is it confirmed that PotM has a buggy behaviour when it comes to deal with AS's ability? Is therefore confirmed the presence of a bug? (related to the keyword "combat").

-What Mojumbo states in the follow-up explanation seems to conflict (in my opinion) with what Gondorian has stated in 2.88Buglist thread (pag 11) regarding AS vs DT:

M:"It should be noted, however, that the act of placing an ally from the field to the graveyard will be considered "killing" it for the purposes of a card effect. As such, even if a card did say "placed in the graveyard" it would still mean the ally was killed as long as it was in play before being placed in the graveyard."

G: "Artful Squire's on-summon ability allows him to override normal rules of the game (that's what most cards do!) and makes him act like an ability card that has been summoned, yet is not in play as an ally. So Death Trap doesn't go off."

I hope you can see the mechanical discrepancy I'm trying to highlight.
    Please understand that I'm still a noob both for playstyle and for card knowledge as well as regarding the online card-flagging system, so I'm sorry to say at this stage I find that the card rulings are "too flexibles" and very "occasion dependant".

As I stated before, the effect box should be self-explanatory and is frustrating discovering "IFs" in the middle of a game, especially if there is no "refree" to appeal to. The card "wordings" seem to leave too much space for "free/multiple interpretation".

Thanks in advance for the attention and sorry again for the duplicate post.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

Pride of the Mountain and Artful Squire do not interact incorrectly. The card draw in that situation was being caused by survivalist, not Pride of the mountain. Artful Squire is an interesting ally in that you can decide to place it in the graveyard instead of putting it into play. When you do so you can destroy an item (such as Pride of the Mountain). It doesn't cause Death Trap to trigger because you place it in the graveyard, rather than into play. It's sort of like having it in your hand and then dropping it into the graveyard to destroy an opposing item.

Hope that helps
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101