Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Praxix mill deck need advice

I've been trying to create a Praxix mill deck and this is close but no cigar. Hoping someone is willing to offer advice without sending me hate mail. This is the closest to a good mill that I have come up with but still no luck. I have managed to eliminate all enemy cards but have not been able to seal the deal. Was trying to do it without All hope is lost. Anyways suggestions are welcome. It's not boring like mill stalker so it shouldn't be hated on.

Praxix

4 Death Mage Thaddeus
    4 Harbinger of the Lost
    4 Brimstone Devourer
    4 Reactorary

4 Energy Discharge
    2 Soul Reaper
    4 Shadow Font
    4 Rain Delay

4 Bazaar
    4 Infinity Core
    4 Loom of Fate

4 Armor of Ages
    3 Platinum Chainmail

50 cards

The purpose of having four of everything is to counteract discharging a card I really need and item destruction. My deck building sucks. I'm onto a good concept I think just can't execute it properly.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Nerd View Post
    I've been trying to create a Praxix mill deck and this is close but no cigar. Hoping someone is willing to offer advice without sending me hate mail.
    From one middle-aged nerd to another, respect for giving Praxis a shot.

I tried running a Mill version at 40ish cards and an Ally build at 60, and thought ~50 would be the perfect balance but couldn't get it happening. I think Prax is one of the few Hero's with which you can comfortably run a plus size deck if you are using Shadow Font (and aren't running AHIL).

Personally my preference is for a larger deck with more allies - I found the smaller Mill version too finicky for my taste - so worth bearing that in mind when considering my comments.

This is the closest to a good mill that I have come up with but still no luck. I have managed to eliminate all enemy cards but have not been able to seal the deal. Was trying to do it without All hope is lost.
    I think if you are going for Mill without AHIL in a plus-sized deck, your go-to card is Soul Reaper. It saps people's will to play on when you heal to full at end-game and still have gas in the tank. Of course, you need to be playing more allies for it to pay off.

Anyways suggestions are welcome. It's not boring like mill stalker so it shouldn't be hated on.

Praxix

4 Death Mage Thaddeus
    I've had more success with Rampant Krygon in my Praxix decks. DMT is the better choice with Rain Delay though, you're right there.

I think that these guys plus 4x Falseblood Cultist are the core of any Prax ally package. Falseblood helps your draw and compliments the on-discard abilities of Devourer and Reactory too well to pass up. I'd switch out DMT for Falseblood if you're happy with the ally count.

I've found ED to be a bit hit-and-miss. Some games it rekt and in others, it was the last thing I wanted to see. I personally prefer Mind Control at 5 CC. Again, I'd run a full compliment of Soul Reaper for the instant life regen if you keep it in.

See above

I can see what you are going for with Rain Delay here... it just feels a little incongruous for my playstyle. Not sure what I could recommend instead as iterations I have run in the past are quite different, but perhaps Reverberate if you run Shards (see below).

I tried a similar draw package early on but found it facilitated my opponent too effectively. I'd swap Bazaar for Antimatter and consider Crystal Shards instead of Loom.

Infinity Core should be Soul Reaper, or Mimic to get your Reverb and 'Reaps

I specced a few games of a 300+ player running a 60 card Mill Prax and Armour of Ages was gold (can't remember the IGN). Unconvinced you need the Chainmail regarless of its worth early. I'd swap in Krygon for it.

The purpose of having four of everything is to counteract discharging a card I really need and item destruction. My deck building sucks. I'm onto a good concept I think just can't execute it properly.
    I know my suggestions subvert the spirit of the concept somewhat, but they are informed by my experience playing a different style of Prax deck.

At 50 cards I felt that Prax wanted AHIL, but that any more than 40ish got in the way of the AHIL loop. If AHIL is not what you're going for, I'd say be brave and try 50+ then cut back on what you're not feeling, he's a little more forgiving with deck size.

Have to say though that I've felt the same with my attempts at Prax, best of luck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the thorough response bro. I appreciate it. I'm gonna keep at it until the end of the season when I want to worry about my rating again. Appreciate very much the input.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?