Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Seeking Majiya to balance Serena

I play the popular Serena netdeck in private games. To balance it, it was recommended that my partner play Majiya. I want to orchestrate this pairing such that neither deck consistently overpowers the other; they are balanced. This may require that one deck, or both, be weaker than it could be, but absent this need I would prefer that both be as strong as possible.

What is a Majiya decklist that would be balanced against Serena?
    Last edited by Aegis N; 12-22-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis N View Post
    I play the popular Serena netdeck in private games. To balance it, it was recommended that my partner play Majiya. I want to orchestrate this pairing such that neither deck consistently overpowers the other; they are balanced. This may require that one deck, or both, be weaker than it could be, but absent this need I would prefer that both be as strong as possible.

What is a Majiya decklist that would be balanced against Serena?
    I never thought Majiya was particularly fun or balanced as a matchup vs that Serena deck. It depends on the deck, but essntially the first 5 turns determines the winner, and then the game goes on for another 10 turns afterwards either way (usually with an advantage to Serena).
    I think discard Zaladar tends to be an even matchup, as does Victor with haste allies (see the second game Victor vs Serena in my last Bob and Sam trollin it up: http://shadowera.net/bob-and-sam-tro...-up-episode-2/ ). Make sure to use the haste version of Victor - that Serena deck is pretty strong vs other variants, like Victor that uses Knight of Unaxio. Many Banebow decks would fall into this category as well (not Sisyphos's deck - that thing kills my Serena deck). Boris and Zhanna can also be an even matchup.
    There are other decks where I win 50/50 with that Serena deck, but the determining factor feels more like luck, for example a rush Aramia deck, certain Homunculus Gravebone decks, certain Moonstalker decks, etc.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks very much. Preybird's deck seems like a good match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Add Amulet of Conjuring. It's the fastest unilateral draw engine for mages, but it comes with a huge penalty in terms of resources. Typically you want to play Tome of Knowledge and lure out all the Stop Thief! and then hopefully top deck this while serena is keeping your hand small.
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn