Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The best damn Moon Stalker there ever was.

Ok I lied sorry, but I'm pretty confident in saying this is one of THE best MS decks I've seen this round and it's won me a very high % of my games.

This is where it is at right now (it varies)

3 wulven predator
    3 howl fang
    4 wulven scout
    4 blood pack shaman
    1 sooth jaw
    2 grip tooth

2 Now Your Mine
    4 shadow font
    4 wraith of the forest
    4 blood moon
    4 death from above
    4 overwhelm

The full moon is in there now because Mage and zaladar are popular. Other cards that are expendable are grip tooth and dread wolf
    *Currently I'm using -2 full moon, -1 grip tooth, +3 word of the prophet

**I would now say grip tooth is not expendable, great vs lots of popular heroes (survives nova!). Word of the prophet was nice to increase your odds of getting a turn 2 blood moon / Wraith OTF, but the deck is better now with 2 NYM. Sooth Jaw is in there now as a utility/card draw but I'm going to try dropping him for another grip tooth.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 01-19-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't say this is a beginners deck; it helps to have a good feel for this deck and optimally all other decks you might be facing, but when is that not true?

You can lay a quick beat down occasionally. In most games however you are going to want to stay patient trading your hit points for more cards and more shadow. You are going to need a pretty high amount of resources for most games, I would say no more than 10 or 11. However be patient on how you get there you want to keep your hand as full as possible so you can make more plays and smarter sacrifices. Turn two bloodmoon is almost always a better play than Blood pack especially when you are playing against shadow heroes because of death Mage and rampant. Card draw is crucial for obvious reasons and it helps to get that blood moon down early before you might be using hero ability. Save your shadow and don't sacrifice blood pack, when it gets late game your saving grace is enough shadow energy to set up overwhelm.

Sacrificing cards: I will often sacrifice one overwhelm if it's in my opening hand. It's one of the most crucial cards in the deck but you are not going to play four in most games. Sacrifice blood moons before wraith generally. Depending on the matchup death from above can be really important sac 1-4 of these I would say. Howl fang brings the ruckus don't sacrifice more than one. Sacrifice shadow font depending on the matchup usually no more than 1 or 2. Grip tooth sometimes.
    A few turn three allies can be sacrificed.

For example I might sac 1 overwhelm 1 grip tooth 1 death from above 1 shadow font 2 blood moons (maybe 1 wraith no more usually) and three 3 cc allies giving me 9-10

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    its pretty good...what are your thoughts on howlfangs breastplate?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't really tried using it, it seems like a great card though. Only problem is it makes wraith otf a weaker play to include in that deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah...for breastplaye u got too remove wotf...so that means 4 hfbp...instead of 4 wotf...dat implies instead of card draw...u keep allies on board...if timed properly....cud aid nicely with overwhelm

Anywayz my deck is very similar except i have 4 packwolf..no full moon...3 sf..nd 3 jd..nd wotf...2+40 in total..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update. This deck seriously stomps butt. I'm am 21-2 for my game history. Went back to this deck resulting in a rating boost from 290 to 307

Deck is at: -2 full moon, -2 dread wolf, + 2 NYM, +1 sooth jaw , +1 wulven scout

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3 howlfangs looks like overkill. Other than that it looks pretty standard, not bad.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would disagree. He's a terrific play in the deck being complimented well by Wotf, and overwhelm. Howl fang and a scout for 6 is a much better play than two scouts for 6. You are normally going to have plenty of resources with this deck because the card draw is so solid. Even if it's not firing on all cylinders a combination of stealth, recurring plays, combo plays (overwhelm, howl fang) and ally removal allow you to slow the game to a crawl depending on MU.

For me it's three. I like being able to sacrifice one early and realiably find another 8 to 10 turns into the game. Against mages having two is golden if a supernova wipes the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got an IGN so I could spec some matches or maybe up for a game sometime? I'd like to try my luck against this deck sometime. Normally 2 high cost allies is more than enough to win a game so 3 seems like pushing it a bit but if it works then so be it.
    My only worry is that mainly ID's tend to shut this kind of deck down or Victor. Another point I find interesting is that there are no tech cards like LLN so possibly late game heroes like boris and zhanna could lock the board with KP.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 01-17-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Warriors are generally a favorable matchup. Any crippled allies boost overwhelm. Grip tooth can protect the board from attacthments. IGN is one and the same