Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    that elementalis buff thing could go either way. Sometimes the goal is just to present the other player a dillemma, play three allies one is a buffed weenie, another ihas better stats, another has a good activated ability. You buff the weenie so they can't kill all 3 and have to choose one or the other. Depends a lot on the situation though, so the version you saw could have very well been poorly played.
    Definitely. I think this circumstance it was his only ally out, besides one that I had crippled.
    Guild: Marksmen
    Marksmen Logo (Yeah that's right we have our own logo, made by me).
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cards like bazaar are also seen in milldecks (these decks want to bring you to 0 cards)

About bluffing, i could give some situations:
    - you play a priest, at t4 you lost board control. You hold A legend rises, tainted oracle, knight of unaxio and zails hymn. When you play knight of unaxio your opponent will kill it likely, oracle will likely let them think you play tidal wave next turn even when you dont have one, making you able to fight back the board perhaps.

And hunter traps can contain some bluff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bluffing in this game is there, and not hard to do. Playing allies onto a contested board when using Priest can give people the inpression you havent got Tidal Wave in your hand, when really you want the to consolidate their position so you get more bang for your buck. Mind controlling a cheaper ally is another one, it inplies that you are spent and your opponent will now more likely drop heavier allies, which are prey to the second MC in your hand. That sort of thing is definitely possible and commonly done. I bait and bluff my opponents all the time. Having Snare and Decoy traps in a hunter deck allows you to bluff quite effectively too, and throws your opponent off their game whenever they guess wrong
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Bluffing in this game is there, and not hard to do. Playing allies onto a contested board when using Priest can give people the inpression you havent got Tidal Wave in your hand, when really you want the to consolidate their position so you get more bang for your buck. Mind controlling a cheaper ally is another one, it inplies that you are spent and your opponent will now more likely drop heavier allies, which are prey to the second MC in your hand. That sort of thing is definitely possible and commonly done. I bait and bluff my opponents all the time. Having Snare and Decoy traps in a hunter deck allows you to bluff quite effectively too, and throws your opponent off their game whenever they guess wrong
    What he said^ so yes bluffing has it's prescence
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I don't know why people automatically think that way when they see a Mind Control played. It just means that it was the best course of action for him, for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmasters View Post
    About bluffing, i could give some situations:
    - you play a priest, at t4 you lost board control. You hold A legend rises, tainted oracle, knight of unaxio and zails hymn. When you play knight of unaxio your opponent will kill it likely, oracle will likely let them think you play tidal wave next turn even when you dont have one, making you able to fight back the board perhaps.
    You play that Tainted Oracle because you either have a Tidal Wave or you want more cards so you can find the Tidal Wave. That's the usual thing that happens so the opponent won't kill it and won't play another guy. The only time it actually hurts them is when they can't gain an advantage elsewhere. How do you figure that out? I'd assume you have a reason to take a bluff line some amounts of the time even if you "had it".

As for Hunter Traps, I wish there were more good ones so I could play permission Control in Shadow Era but there aren't so I'm kinda mad about that. I love me some opponents playing around counterspells I don't have.
    Last edited by Airact; 12-12-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Traps are the only ones that I see (AFAIK, hehe), and I've done some dumb stuff to play around the wrong trap. Haha.
    But to be honest, the examples mentioned are not things I would ever think about. If I think a priest doesn't have tidal wave, I assume it's the next card in their deck. Always. It just is.
    I admit, the mind control thing might get met a little bit, but I've never seen it.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer