Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only think she's viable in those decks that don't run any 1cc/2cc creatures and only Sindarok and Devoted Knight as their 3cc. That's a pretty lame niche.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    I only think she's viable in those decks that don't run any 1cc/2cc creatures and only Sindarok and Devoted Knight as their 3cc. That's a pretty lame niche.
    What does Sindarok Apprentice do in that kind of deck?

Not much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's a templar for 3cc that fills a similar role to layarian seductress (contesting the board) and does arcane damage. It's also limited...but works well in decks that don't solely rely on allies to establish power (i.e. Threbin)

As a rogue player this strikes me as a perfectly fine card. All rogue cards are good in some situations and bad in others. Priests get spoiled with cards that are just generally good. The real problem with this card is that it should be a human card and not a priest only card. That would give more heroes options for playing templars, and the concept of a single ally on board works nicely for heroes like Amber and Serena (as well as Threbin).
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    What does Sindarok Apprentice do in that kind of deck?

Not much.
    Everytime it gets a T4 kill, it's done its duty.

If you get a kill on turn 4 and follow that with a Tainted Oracle or Devoted Knight, you can take out a 6 or 7 HP ally on the next turn while gaining value from the suicided TO/DK which I think is fine for a control deck. You can T5 Tidal Wave T6 Hymn + Apprentice T7 King's Pride to kill a 6 HP ally then develop your board. Going Wave + Apprentice on 8 resources followed by King's Pride will also work.

Basically, if you plan on killing with King's Pride and don't play a lot of weenies (and I want to play Glass Chalice of Knowning on T2 anyways), I don't think there's a better 3 drop duo than Devoted Knight + Sindarok Apprentice. It might be right to not play 4x Apprentice and get an Aldon or two in there, but still, Apprentice is more than fine.

I like Apprentice in my Zhanna Hymn lock deck. T3 Apprentice T4 kill + Mystic of the Vale T5 Zail's Hymn + MotV ability FTW

I'll admit that there are a lot of early boards that aren't Apprentice friendly and that I usually prefer to go Devoted Knight into Tainted Oracle/Elizabeth/another Devoted Knight into Tidal Wave but I still think Apprentice is the second best 3 drop for control Priests.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess Sindarok Apprentice can be a post-Tidal Wave ally to contest the field... But she really is a mediocre card, let's be honest here
    Firesnakes are OP -.-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    People come into my emergency room all the time with questionable gender identification. This card looks like it could be one of my patients. Anytime you need to ask sex it creates a very awkward environment.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He/she doesn't really match well with zhanna, he/she is meant more for threbin.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPriest View Post
    I constantly take her in and out of my Zhanna deck, liking her one game then hating her another game.

^ If you're gonna send Sindarok mixed-signals like that, don't blame her when she doesn't text you back. Just saying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just call Sindrarock an "it". Life is easy now
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง