Close

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Transference in 1.25 and my suggestion.

Previously, it was card advantage and destroy opp strategy. It was too strong so that default occupying 4 positions in every elemental deck.

Now, it's 3 cost one for one trade, no card advantage, no interruptting opp's plan, although still with some benefit for library reduction and use card out of your class.

I think it is over-nurfed, although I hate the transference if I am not using elemental, I still like it to be played as the way to interfere the plan of your enemy at a critical time. It is a lot of fun.

My suggestion is:
    Transference - Draw one card from your opponent's hand. You opponent draw a card. -- You can interfere opponent's plan but you do not gain card advantage.
    Last edited by lyingdragon; 04-21-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think a better solution is
    Transference - 3 cost
    Do absolutely nothing at all.
    Favour text " You happy now?"

Sorry just kidding. Will that post another problem because if elementalist were to use 4 bad santas + 4 transference you proposed + bazaar, it mill-out the opponents's deck really fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyjohn View Post
    I think a better solution is
    Transference - 3 cost
    Do absolutely nothing at all.
    Favour text " You happy now?"

Sorry just kidding. Will that post another problem because if elementalist were to use 4 bad santas + 4 transference you proposed + bazaar, it mill-out the opponents's deck really fast.
    Well, let me figure it out. Bad Santa gives a max of 3 cards, and with the proposed aforementioned change, transference would mill 2 cards. So best case scenario, assuming your opponent always had enough room in his hand for all 3 cards from bad Santa, let me see:

Best case scenario with opponent's deck at 30 cards (he goes second)

Turn 1: Opponent at 22 cards. Nothing happens barring Fire Snake, Into the Forest, etc.
    Turn 2: Play bazaar. Opponent at 20 cards (extra draw from bazaar)
    Turn 3: Play bad santa. Opponent at 15 cards (extra cards from BS)
    Turn 4: Play 2 bad santa. Opponent at 7 cards.
    Turn 5: Play bad santa+transference. Opponent at 0 cards in deck and whatever's left in their hand.
    Turn 6 onwards: Play remaining transferences. Kill their hero.

So theoretically, we could deck the opponent in just 5 turns. And we haven't even factored in extra card draw from opponent. Keep in mind that this is best case scenario, it would require very lucky draw and very bad draw for opponent for this to really work.

Edit: Don't forget they could have recursion and such, but this is absolute best case. And surely the other person's deck couldn't be so bad that he literally could not do anything during the 5 turns. I dunno, some dude who hacked the source code and made their deck out of 29 campfire stories+hero?
    Last edited by Reshiram99; 04-21-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you two for some part, but the current transference in 1.25 is already drawing one card from your library, so for the effect of library reduction it should be same. For each transference, you lose one card in your library, the only difference is which card given to the opponent.

And for the 6-turn calculation, I remember if the opponent has reached the max hand limit (7), any extra card draw effect will not work and he will remain in the same amount until he use some cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mmmm. I though the library reduction part will be doubled cause i misread what you proposed. Maybe 1 deck from deck isnt that bad. But with the endless loop of ER, deck will still be mill-out faster then usually, plus now you get to get a card from their hand as well like the past. It will be like a buff for elementalis mill deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyingdragon View Post
    I agree with you two for some part, but the current transference in 1.25 is already drawing one card from your library, so for the effect of library reduction it should be same. For each transference, you lose one card in your library, the only difference is which card given to the opponent.

And for the 6-turn calculation, I remember if the opponent has reached the max hand limit (7), any extra card draw effect will not work and he will remain in the same amount until he use some cards.
    About your quote about the 6 turn decking, that was the absolute best case scenario and assuming that he always had 4 cards or less. But I get your point: I kinda just gave it the best theoretical chance of happening. It would probably be nigh impossible to pull off, but I think in the best case scenario, you could deck your opponent in 6 turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyjohn View Post
    Mmmm. I though the library reduction part will be doubled cause i misread what you proposed. Maybe 1 deck from deck isnt that bad. But with the endless loop of ER, deck will still be mill-out faster then usually, plus now you get to get a card from their hand as well like the past. It will be like a buff for elementalis mill deck.
    And Elementalis doesn't need a buff in the first place. He's already pretty overpowered compared to other heroes. It's just that he's tough to use well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's really great that people in the forum are all making suggestion to make the game better. Too bad I am not an experience player and my post have not being too constructive xD

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    And Elementalis doesn't need a buff in the first place. He's already pretty overpowered compared to other heroes. It's just that he's tough to use well.
    OK I'll contribute my tips for beating elemental. I using majiya burning deck. Flame+Gas + Shadowspawn is the key.....