Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Another Loest Deck

Hey peeps,

first post for me at this forum. I am a rather new player to Shadow Era but am experienced quiet a lot with all kind of tcg's, especially M:tG (played this from `96 - '04 with succesful tournament experience).

Today I ant to share with you my current Version of my most used deck. Overall I am very happy with this one, hanging around a rating of 190ish atm. Now I am kindly asking you for any advice / echange of cards to make this one even stronger.

1x Loest, Savior of Layar

4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Aldon the Brave
    2x Priest of Light
    3x Layarian Seductress
    2x Knight of Unaxio
    2x Fortified Wisp
    4x Cinderborn Fatebreaker

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    4x Supernova
    4x Bad Santa

3x Amulet of Conjuring

Currenly playing around with Radial sunlight as an additional support card to hinder opponents heroes.
    Last edited by Sleipnir85; 12-11-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most of the deck looks like rush to me. If that is what you are doing FW does not fit in at all. KoU also seems questionable.

Welcome to the boards.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your feedback.

I've netdecked the base for this deck somewhere and modified it with cards I thought that might be a good addition, like the FW and the KoU. Like you said: Both are stopping the run most of the time - but are also useful later in game imo.

BUT following your suggestion I'll try to switch both of these with 2 more Priest of Light and 2 Radiant Sunlights.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -2 KOU and -2 FW. +2PotL, +1 Seductress and +1 LS. Just like Shadow R Us said seems like a rush Loest rush and IMO those are the changes I would make.
    IGN: RS ShadowFuryX

The Chaos Beyond the Shadows

The Rising Sun Guild - http://therisingsun.freeforums.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you're trying to do two things with this deck...your net-decked base was a rush deck, the cards you added are slower control cards. Watch a high ranked loest player play and you'll understand why they don't go together. You want T1-5 to do those kristoff/puwen/aldon shennanigans, then the rest you want to be using amulet of conjuring to pull all the fireballs and supernovas in your deck. Unaxio and wisp are counters to this deck, they do not go well as part of it.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your advice mates - the deck works much better now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're going rush I suggest using this deck:

4 kris
    4 cinderborn
    3 aldon
    4 seductress
    3 phoenix

4 bad santa
    4 fireball
    3 lightning strike
    4 nova
    2 ley line nexus

4 amulet

I got to 300 rating with this but got really bored and played with other decks instead although I lost ratings.

Basically try to distract with allies spam within t5, then amulet to keep drawing for nukes. You can play with 4-6 resources most of the time. Save lln and loest ability to deal with key cards.
    Use seductress with your low resource advantage.
    Nova with a phoenix in play.
    Focus in dealing damage to hero to keep his health lower than yours for nova strikes.

Fast and furious.
    Last edited by Secruoser; 12-13-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for that list Secrusor. I'll defenitely will try your build. I've cut Ley Line Nexus to streamline the deck. Most of the time I am able to get rid of keycards using Loest's ability.

Meanwhile I was browsing for optional cards and found Eleanor, Princess of Ellos. Wouldn't this be another 2cc drop worth a try?

the more my rating is rising the more I feel that I come to more serious opponents with better decks (of course...) - and this deck makes a lot of fun. Am nuking my way to the top

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for double-posting...

Last game I was facing a similar deck, just using Eladwen as hero. He quickly flooded the board with some threats (Kristoffer, Puwen, Aldon). All I was able to was facing a seductress in T3. On T4 I had the decission between playing a fireball to get rid of his Aldon or playing a pheonix... played the pheonix and lost pretty fast afterards as neither noca nor LS was coming up. Was it the right decission to play the pheonix or would it have been better using the fireball killing aldon?

I know that this is a very situational question, but I also know that these small "mistakes" could make the difference between win and loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir85 View Post
    Sorry for double-posting...

Last game I was facing a similar deck, just using Eladwen as hero. He quickly flooded the board with some threats (Kristoffer, Puwen, Aldon). All I was able to was facing a seductress in T3. On T4 I had the decission between playing a fireball to get rid of his Aldon or playing a pheonix... played the pheonix and lost pretty fast afterards as neither noca nor LS was coming up. Was it the right decission to play the pheonix or would it have been better using the fireball killing aldon?

I know that this is a very situational question, but I also know that these small "mistakes" could make the difference between win and loss.
    I'd always kill aldon, you have to slow him down.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris