Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see then, thanks for your advice.

Phoenix was a great addition to this deck btw.

Is it worth changing bad Santa with something else? I rarely use it. Or am I doing something wrong?
    Sleipnir - Deceiver of Gods
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

"Who are the twain that on ten feet run? Three eyes they have, but only one tail. Alright guess now this riddle, Heithrek!"

IGN: BP Sleipnir

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir85 View Post
    Sorry for double-posting...

Last game I was facing a similar deck, just using Eladwen as hero. He quickly flooded the board with some threats (Kristoffer, Puwen, Aldon). All I was able to was facing a seductress in T3. On T4 I had the decission between playing a fireball to get rid of his Aldon or playing a pheonix... played the pheonix and lost pretty fast afterards as neither noca nor LS was coming up. Was it the right decission to play the pheonix or would it have been better using the fireball killing aldon?

I know that this is a very situational question, but I also know that these small "mistakes" could make the difference between win and loss.
    If I had a lightning strike I'd kill kris and puwen first. If a fireball, then aldon for his attack aura. Maybe you haven't faced gwen/baduruu/amber/serena yet because you'd need more than just loest's ability to keep their weapons barely under control. Also, try not playing allies when facing soulseeker wielders because it gives them powerful heals to negate your rush.

Bad Santa's role is to help you quickly pull as much cards as possible to get your first Amulet. If you have one in starting hand then it becomes your resource feed. BTW I won a game today by drawing 3 cards with amulet and another 3 with bad santa because i need a fireball to finish off a 2 health enemy or I could've died the next turn.

You should always keep a draw card in hand until it's the only card left in your hand.
    Last edited by Secruoser; 12-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's an interesting point with bad santa. Would you also play it if it's clearly a non profit action ox b for you? Like playing against an aggressive deck with just 2 cards left in hand going to risk losing control?

I've faced mostly every hero so far I think. Serena really hurts a lot with her discard and I lose about 60% of all matches against her. I found outta it's easier to face her with a full hand to reduce her advantage.

I also struggle with aramia...
    Greatness, Reborn

"Who are the twain that on ten feet run? Three eyes they have, but only one tail. Alright guess now this riddle, Heithrek!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to keep you folks up to date and to show some presence over here I want to share my actual build of this Deck.

My current rating is about 285+, slowly rising up trying to hit the 300 for the first time.

1x Loest, Savior of Layar
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Priest of the Light
    2x Tainted Oracle
    2x Layarian Seductress
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    4x Cinderborn Fatebraker
    4x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    4x Supernova
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Consuming Fear
    3x Amulet of conjuring

Let me explain some cardchoices:

Viska
    First of all, I thought that Viska is a great threat pulled out of the hand right after I supernova the board. But there's more. She's also a great way to deal the long run against Serena and the yet famous Baduruu Deck by BP Vince.

Bad Santa
    Was replaced with Honored Dead as Dead was most of the time way too situational. With a fast Santa I was brave enough to cut the most strongest draw engine in the game down to 3 copies (amulet). Paired with 2 oracles I've got enough card drawing engine I think.

I also cut 2 Tainted oracles as Ley Line Nexus. Both didn't make the cut for other cards and were often either sacced or rarely came to a great use.

Cunsuming Fear
    A cheap alternative T2 play if cinderborn is missing or bad santa makes no sence. With a T4 Fear followed up by a Bad santa I am able to refill my hand if Conjuring Amu is missing too. Even in late game it makes life easier to handle with these really big threats growing over your head as Loest's ability is usually only used once during the entire match.

Special note
    Consuming fear takes the slot I am currently changing quiet often to see how different cards interact with the deck. Before I've tested Champion of Irum f.e. which didn't made it into the deck. After some more games I'll give Curse of Aldmor a try although I think that Consuming fear is much stronger. This slot is mostly open to any card as the impact to the whole deck design is not that big.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah... i face u sum hours ago... really difficult deck to beat. Dont remember who won...
    Using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's your IGN? I could tell you then :P
    Greatness, Reborn