Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post-SF New Hero Ideas

Hi all, here are 10 hero ideas for post-SF expansion. Thoughts are given into the current average SE cost for the class/faction, the ability relevance to classes, strategy dynamics and special effects that are underused or non-existent in the current version.

Let me know your thoughts/questions.

Elmrad the Human Warrior
    4SE: Until the end of your turn, other opposing heroes and allies take the same amount of damage that Elmrad deals in combat to target opposing hero or ally.

Toren Windfall the Human Hunter
    4SE: Target friendly ally and Toren gain Hidden until the start of your next turn.

Iais the Human Mage
    OPTION A 3SE: Target ally/ability/item is returned to its owner's hand. If you are the owner, it may be summoned at no cost.

OPTION B 3SE: Target ability in a graveyard with cost 4 or less is summoned at no cost and that card is exiled when it leaves play.

Dynard Torr the Human Priest
    4SE: Deal 1 arcane damage up to 4 times on target opposing ally. Gain 1 resource if at least one opposing ally is killed this way.

Trel Brond the Human Rogue
    4SE: Reveal the top card of all decks and draw up to 2 of these cards to your hand. 2 of your used resources are renewed.

Shadow Warrior
    3SE: Target friendly ally gains Defender and +2 attack.

Shadow Hunter
    3SE: All items you control gain +1 durability if able, and cannot leave play until the start of your next turn.

Shadow Mage
    3SE: Until the end of your turn, opposing heroes and allies take +1 damage that cannot be prevented from abilities.

Shadow Wulven
    4SE: While every ally you control is a Wulven ally, target opposing ally loses all passive abilities, attachments and is then exiled. Shadow Wulven and all Wulven allies you control gain +1 health.

Shadow Elemental
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, Shadow Elemental gains 1+X resource and target opposing hero loses 1+X resource, where X is the difference of the resource piles affected.
    Last edited by Secruoser; 12-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The mages seem very rush-oriented
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    The mages seem very rush-oriented
    Thanks for the input. Actually Human Mage's ability can be control-type as well since it can target ability from opposing graveyard (attachments/supports come to mind).

I have re-worded the ability of Shadow Mage's ability so that it is applicable to the damage source from your allies abilities as well (DMT, Furrion Terror, etc). Now the strat can be rush/semi-control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human Warrior seems a bit situational.
    Shadow Hunter is situational as well.
    As for the Wulven ability, remove the restriction. Hero's shouldn't have restrictions imo.

The Priest and Elemental abilities are awesome.

Just a suggestion of my own:
    Shadow Mage
    4SE: Until the end of your turn, items and abilities cost 1 less resource to summon.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 12-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Secruoser View Post
    Human Mage
    3SE: Target ability in a graveyard with cost 4 or less is summoned at no cost.
    Too OP, basically you get Free Fireball or Lightning Strike every three turns, this is Eladwen or Zaladar on Steroid
    I'll go for something like this:

Human Mage
    3SE: Target ability in opponent graveyard with cost 4 or less is summoned at no cost and that card is exiled.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    Too OP, basically you get Free Fireball or Lightning Strike every three turns, this is Eladwen or Zaladar on Steroid

Human Mage
    3SE: Target ability in opponent graveyard with cost 4 or less is summoned at no cost and that card is exiled.
    That would make the card way less awesome.

I think 4SE could be fine for the ability. It's way worse but I think the hero would be played.

Hi all, here are 10 hero ideas for post-SF expansion. Thoughts are given into the current average SE cost for the class/faction, the ability relevance to classes, strategy dynamics and special effects that are underused or non-existent in the current version.

Let me know your thoughts/questions.

Human Warrior
    4SE: Target opposing hero is exhausted until the start of your next turn and target opposing hero's weapon or armor in play is shuffled to its controller's deck.

So, Ter Adun, except worse?

Human Hunter
    4SE: Target friendly ally and Human Hunter gain Hidden until the start of your next turn.

Sure

Human Mage
    3SE: Target ability in a graveyard with cost 4 or less is summoned at no cost.

Read above

Human Priest
    4SE: All opposing heroes and allies take 1 arcane damage. Gain 1 resource if at least one opposing ally is killed this way.

This seems like a bad ability tbh. One damage isn't much and gaining resources at that point isn't significant enough.

Human Rogue
    4SE: Reveal the top card of all decks and draw up to 2 of these cards to your hand. You may put one of these cards that costs 3 or less into play, as if summoned at no cost.

Fine. Maybe a bit strong even but definitely worth testing.

Shadow Warrior
    3SE: Target friendly ally gains Defender and +2 attack.

Probably the best of the buffing abilities but that's fine.

Shadow Hunter
    3SE: All items you control cannot be destroyed/exiled until the start of your next turn.

What does this accomplish? I don't think it does much.

Shadow Mage
    3SE: Until the end of your turn, opposing heroes and allies take +1 damage that cannot be prevented from abilities.

Better than Raikka at least.

Shadow Wulven
    4SE: While every ally you control is a Wulven ally, target opposing ally loses all passive abilities, attachments and is then exiled. Shadow Wulven and all Wulven allies you control gain +1 health.

That's a lot of text but sure, why not?

Shadow Elemental
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, the bottom card of target opposing hero’s resource pile is placed at the top of your resource pile.
    (if you cast Shriek of Vengeance in the same turn after activating your ability, your opponent will not get his resource back after your ability effect wears off).

Eh, could work but if there's going to be a 2SE ability in the game, this could be it.
    Last edited by Airact; 12-09-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post

Human Mage
    Agreed, but only opponent's graveyard will make it useless. Own graveyard is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    Human Warrior seems a bit situational.
    Shadow Hunter is situational as well.
    As for the Wulven ability, remove the restriction. Hero's shouldn't have restrictions imo.

The Priest and Elemental abilities are awesome.

Just a suggestion of my own:
    Shadow Mage
    4SE: Until the end of your turn, items and abilities cost 1 less resource to summon.
    Thanks for the input.

Just some explanation:
    Human Warrior's ability is good against weapon-based decks mainly, and secondly it will stop opposing hero from using ability for one turn. It can also help to mitigate some threats from tribe-fueling armors.

Shadow Hunter's ability is good to protect items like grundler's double/soulseeker/night prowler which are targets for ley line nexus. Early game, it can protect your traps from being destroyed, and allow them for a second use after being activated the first time.

As for Wulven, I might change it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    That would make the card way less awesome.

I think 4SE could be fine for the ability. It's way worse but I think the hero would be played.
    Good point on Human Warrior. Overhauled the ability.

Same with Human Mage.

Human Priest's ability now draws a card if an ally is killed that way. Actually 1 damage can kill weenies, is a semi-boardwipe with Ice Storm and is painful with Justicar Alysia.

Tweaked Human Rogue's ability so its less powerful but still provides card advantage and tempo.

Tweaked Shadow Elemental's ability to scale it to late game.
    Last edited by Secruoser; 12-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good point on Human Warrior. Overhauled the ability.

It seems more unique now. Playable? Probably not. 4SE to be conditionally useful? Nah.

Same with Human Mage.

Well that killed all the excitement

Human Priest's ability now draws a card if an ally is killed that way. Actually 1 damage can kill weenies, is a semi-boardwipe with Ice Storm and is painful with Justicar Alysia.

Still don't like it tbh. It would be way better if you could Tidal Wave with it and get ahead that way but now you need to kinda hope you have the damage to actually kill things.

Tweaked Human Rogue's ability so its less powerful but still provides card advantage and tempo.

Seems fine.

Tweaked Shadow Elemental's ability to scale it to late game.

I don't mind that ability (in fact, I want it to be there) but the first application that came into my mind was combo decks. And as we know, people (and Wulven) seem to hate fun so we probably won't see those, as sad as it is.
    Red.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Red.
    Changed Human Warrior's ability again.

I will leave Human Mage's ability to vote.

Human Priest can now deal 4 instances of 1 arcane damage, which can be dealt to one ally or divided to multiple allies (1/3, 2/2, 1/1/2, 1/1/1/1, 4)