Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Aramia The Flameforged

Hi all,

It's your neighborhood rager here, letting you in on one of my favorite decks to play. I've gotten this deck as high as 330+ rating in Season 21, and I feel its a very fun and challenging deck to play. Knowing your opponents is a key role for any deck, but especially this one, as one point of damage can make or break your game alot of times. Anyways, here is the deck!

Hero - Aramia

Creatures - (18)
    4x Kris Wyld
    4x Cinderborn Fatebreaker
    4x Priest of the Light
    2x Aldon The Brave
    2x Phoenix Urigon
    2x Sorceror of Endia

Items - (9)
    3x Flameforged Gauntlets
    3x Dagger of Fate
    3x Crystal Shards

Abilities - (12)
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Supernova

Any criticism or compliments are appreciated. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do I use dagger of fate with only one discard option in your deck? Is it very situational?
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With aramia you can achieve both cards fairly easily, searching one while casting the other. Solid deck though
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's right though. Plus you usually only get 2 uses out of your shards. That's a max of 6 buffs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    How do I use dagger of fate with only one discard option in your deck? Is it very situational?
    Actually, yes, it is a pretty situational card. I'll usually either play it on turn 3 (on the play) to do an extra 1 dmg that turn to kill any 3 health ally (with fatebreaker out) establishing board control and then you're off to the races.
    Also, if you dont have a better t2 play, you can drop a shard on turn 2, pass turn, then drop the dagger on turn 3 and start pumping... then, its off to the races (see the theme here?)
    For the most part though, dagger and crystal shards will usually be the first cards I sac early. They are used as more of a lategame wombo to get 6 damage in versus the opponent around turn 6, usually after blasting anything on the board on turn 5.
    What makes Aramia great in this sort of deck is the fact that she can outrace pretty much any rush out there. Using her ability to fish up free draw or damage, while also thinning your deck for your direct damage cards is a pretty big advantage.

KanivX, thanks for the compliment, and you pretty much hit the nail on the head. You will always have one or the other in hand usually, so after that it's just about searching up the other and getting that damage in!

P. S. I find myself using about 1 dagger each game, which usually does 3-6 damage. Anything more than that is just a cherry on top the cake.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I fail to see why the Gauntlets are in this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I fail to see why the Gauntlets are in this deck.
    The gauntlets are your primary draw engine...

A typical game from t1-4 would go something like this...

(On the Play) - Turn 1 - Play Krys or Pass
    Turn 2 - Play Cinderborn (primary play) or Shards
    Turn 3 - Aldon (giving cinder 3 dmg to kill their t2 drop) or PotL
    Turn 4 - LB their T3 drop or Fireball to the face, then search up your gauntlets and draw a card...

(On the Draw) Turn 1 - Sac or play yor krys depending on opponent and pass turn
    Turn 2 - Fatebreaker or Pass
    Turn 3 - Fireball their T3 drop search p your gauntlets and draw a card, then pass turn.
    Turn 4 - Phoenix or Lightning Bolt..

Without the Gauntlets, this deck would run out of steam around turn 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Searching up Gauntlets seems terrible considering you run both Crystal Shards and Dagger of Fate in the same deck. Cantripping Fireballs and Supernovas are cool but I prefer to just play Amulet and draw all the cards. I guess it's just me, though.

I would respect Gauntlets way more if they didn't cost durability to activate so you could play a longer game with the card but as is, I don't find the card that great. It's probably not a concern in a deck like this but if I had an advantage in tempo and I was playing an aggro build, I would find ways to either get more ahead in Tempo (by playing free allies) or deal more damage (Dagger of Fate). That would then lead me into being able to play Amulet for more gas.
    Last edited by Airact; 12-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love the Deck bc I love Aramia. She's by far the most combo oriented hero imo. Just a tweak thought, but would you consider replaceing the Daggers with Flameforged Scepters? Obviously you cannot fish for it, but coupled with your Urigons, the cantrip is a solid 4th turn go and you can slap some DOT dmg on your opponent or his minions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Searching up Gauntlets seems terrible considering you run both Crystal Shards and Dagger of Fate in the same deck. Cantripping Fireballs and Supernovas are cool but I prefer to just play Amulet and draw all the cards. I guess it's just me, though.

I would respect Gauntlets way more if they didn't cost durability to activate so you could play a longer game with the card but as is, I don't find the card that great. It's probably not a concern in a deck like this but if I had an advantage in tempo and I was playing an aggro build, I would find ways to either get more ahead in Tempo (by playing free allies) or deal more damage (Dagger of Fate). That would then lead me into being able to play Amulet for more gas.
    Airact, sorry if you can't see the synergy with gauntlets/cinderborn/fireball/nova/Phoenix. Until you actually put this deck in practice, though, I doubt you will. Some people just have a hard time thinking outside the box. Play the deck a few times, then let me know what you think about it. This deck is way past theorycrafting. It's tried and true. As I said, I've gotten this deck up to 330 rating, beating all the top tier decks out there. But, maybe I'm just a good pilot.