Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Totally new player....

Hi guys,

as for the title, I am a new player....not only for Shadow Era but in general for this kind of card game.....well, what I'd like to have from this thread? Some basic information, and little by little, gaining experience, I'll ask you more detailed information....

I tried to play a bit, but, I need to ask you something....

1) Which Hero do you suggest me? Something that I can use for long time, even if it's a bit complicated.....just to avoid something useless

2) Do you suggest me to play with AI, World and Challenge without any problems, or I should follow some path based on my game experience?

3) Deck, no experience, as said, where I should buy the card? at the beginning with gold? No will to spend money until I am not pretty sure about the game and if cause to me addiction

For the time being, enough.....other suggestion....more than welcome

Thanks!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yo, welcome to the game and forums!

1. You get access to Human heroes with a free starter deck when you sign up for the first time plus 500 G. For new players I would recommend choosing Eladwen or Amber since both are relatively easy to pilot. Their rush/deathrace playstyle helps you a lot in QM as well.

2 and 3. At first definitely AI. You need to grind for gold to get new cards. See my guide for decklists and must have cards from the merchant. Also you can check out the strategy section in this forum for new decks. When you get the hang of playing, you can try Quick Match over in Challenge mode.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!
    I think Elad is a great one to choose, when I first started I choose Serena to me the rouge is as good as warrior. But you do need some good cards.

Definitely use the AI , it's good to get to know the other heros and cards and to get used to your cards. You also level up pretty quick. (Watch the advertisements you get SC each time, this was not around when I started and it's 20 view = 100SC and a new hero deck for you!) when your comfortable play vs other people!

Also to the guides listed above, join the irc and chat with us players , we are a pretty helpful bunch!

Welcome to ShadowEra. It's a hell of a lot of fun!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello and welcome! If you need some info about all the heroes, check out the Hero Profiles over at shadowera.net.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really thanks for your answers and for the welcome

I have just started with Elad, it seems good....let's see how to develop my deck based on strategy section

Have a nice new week, and I am pretty sure that you'll me see around (of course, not too much time to spend) with other questions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums!
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game!

1) Human mage, Eladwen
    She's easy to pilot, can deal lots of dmg fast which is great for farming AI and it's one of the best decks new player can make for QM.

2) Play against AI until you get the hold of the game mechanics and earn gold to buy yourself a decent deck. That's a good strategy because there's no tume limit to your moves so you can read the cards all you want during a game, AI is fairly stupid so you can try out different things and just when you get tired of kicking them all the time you'll have enough gold to build yourself your first competitive deck.

3) As I mentioned earlier, farming AI is very wise and profitable start. When you start that, you'll gradually earn money to buy cards. Save shadow crystals for the time being. Not spending money on a game you just started playing is a good call if you ask me. You first have to see if you like it and estimate what you should invest into. Note that great amount of shadow crystals are given each month to the top100 players. Sounds hard, but if you build your competitive deck fast...you can make the cut in ur first month here (I managed that myself in my first month here). So in a way that would be the free trial to see what can you get for the money you invest.

Again, welcome and I hope this was helpful.
    Proud member of the Alpha Predator.

IGN: AP JohnnyCRO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome. You can play free for a long time, I did. You may get to the point where u want to play a bunch of different heros, at that point it would we a couple of bucks well spent.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks to all again, I'll keep note of all your suggestion. Luckily Xmas break is coming, and I have more free time.....time to gain experience for the game

Bye

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    any connection between your nick and the Argentinian footballer?
    Deluded dreamer of universal Freedom
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn