Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aloha and welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi All, few questions

1) is there any manual where I can find all card explanation and how to use it? For example, in my deck I have the protector (maybe useless card), and I don't understand how to use it...I know what's written but not so clear......some manual in some place??

2) Connected with the prior one......which card I should sell?? How I can understand which card is good for me and which one no? I can increase in this way my gold and buy a better one based on deck proposal in this forum

3) I get some new cards....for example 1 Hero.....and I cannot use it....could I sell all cards that look not possible to use by me without any future problem???

Quote Originally Posted by lorgi View Post
    any connection between your nick and the Argentinian footballer?
    The nick is exactly the football player.....long story why I use it.....it's my historical nickname on internet for any game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdisso View Post
    Hi All, few questions
    1) is there any manual where I can find all card explanation and how to use it? For example, in my deck I have the protector (maybe useless card), and I don't understand how to use it...I know what's written but not so clear......some manual in some place??
    The manual is really outdated, probably not fully accurate anymore. But here: http://cf.shadowera.com/shadowera_rulebook_v1.0.pdf.
    The bit you're looking for is probably:
    Protector
    – Allies without Protector can’t be targeted by other players.
    Defender
    – This ally/hero attacks first when defending.
    Ambush
    – Allies or heroes attacked by this ally/hero cannot defend.
    Stealth
    - This ally/hero can’t be attacked.
    Haste
    – This ally can attack and use abilities on the turn that it’s summoned.
    Hidden
    – This ally/hero and all of its attachments cannot be targeted. (Note that you need to be able to target an
    ally/hero to attack it.)
    As far as I can tell that's still accurate.
    When you have a protector on the field, anything that the opponent must target a card to use can only target protectors. So... Things like attacks with weapons and allies, targeted abilities like Plasma Behemoth's or Eladwen's, spells like fireball or abilities like Crippling Blow... Those can only target the protector if there's a protector on the field.
    It's a good way to keep fragile allies alive. One thing I do is have a Yari Spearman and Yari Marksman on the field. The Marksman has a high attack, but low health. Spearman has protector, so the Marksman is much more likely to survive in order to attack later.

Things like Supernova, however, don't need a target so it'll go right through the protector. It would kill both allies in my example there. Or, say, Riphide - When summoned he attacks the ally with the lowest health, but that effect doesn't require the player to target anything so he would attack and kill the Marksman.

If you have more than 1 protector, then they can all still be targeted (so if I had two Spearmen out, the opponent could target either, but not anything without protector)

Quote Originally Posted by Burdisso View Post
    2) Connected with the prior one......which card I should sell?? How I can understand which card is good for me and which one no? I can increase in this way my gold and buy a better one based on deck proposal in this forum

3) I get some new cards....for example 1 Hero.....and I cannot use it....could I sell all cards that look not possible to use by me without any future problem???
    That very much depends on what you want to do. If you don't think you'll ever play a certain hero type or deck type, you could reasonably sell off cards that go with those types. Otherwise you might want to hand on to the cards.
    Some cards just aren't very useful once you start building your collection so it's alright to sell those. I don't know what cards you have and it would be difficult to list all of them, so I'll just say look at cards that seem entirely useless...
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome and Hello

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello and welcome 😸
    IGN: RS ShadowFuryX

The Chaos Beyond the Shadows

The Rising Sun Guild - http://therisingsun.freeforums.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi! welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks all for welcome and suggestions.....one questions.....which strategy do you use when you sacrifice a card? at the beginning, what do you do? which is your criteria? Remove the card with high resource cost? or do the opposite?

Thanks for helping, even if you can address me to a specific topic in the forum, in that way I can read a bit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, Burdisso. Welcome to the game!

Sacrificing is a large part of the strategy of this game. It stands with Deck Construction and knowledge of opposing card pool as the basis of everything. I think there are some good articles on this forum that address it in detail, but let's see if we can set the stage for a short answer:

Your deck should generally have only forty or so cards, typically four each of some especially valuable ones. For Eladwen let's say Fireball, Lightning Strike, etc. You will also need a draw engine like four Tome of Knowledge plus at least two Bad Santa. Then you will need some allies of varying cost.

With four of each card and a forty card deck, you will have some idea of how likely you are to draw a certain card in a given number of turns. If your opening hand contains something big like Aeon Stormcaller and you won't be able to use it until turn six, that fatty may have to go. However, if your opponent is Boris Skullcrusher you may want to keep the big guy and ditch somebody of four or less cost that Boris will insta-kill as soon as he has four Shadow Energy.

Since you are only allowed to have one Aeon in play at a time due to his Unique keyword, you might include fewer than four in your deck. If you have only two Aeons in your deck and you believe you will need him to withstand Boris's ability, you may want to hold on to him!

The strategy when sacrificing includes remembering what you have already sacced combined with what still remains in your deck, hand, and graveyard. It is also strongly influenced by what you expect your opponent to do.

Ultimately, you will be thinking about everything on multiple levels, including setting up and executing your win-condition.

I hope this helps.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Good stuff there.

I typically go for cards that I draw duplicates of and high cost cards. That's very basic though, there are a lot more considerations and a lot of them depend on who you're fighting and your own deck. It should come with experience - Pay attention to what cards you need to fight a certain opponent, or what you wish you had in hand against a certain opponent. Generally want to hang on to those in the future.
    Of course, if you have 4 copies, losing one might not be too bad either.

If you have a card against someone it's not going to help against that's an obvious choice. Tidal Wave vs a solo deck or Sever Ties vs something that doesn't use attachments for example.

With a warrior when I'm facing someone like Loest who can definitely remove my Blood Frenzy, I will try to hang on to a second copy. The same goes for any decks where you can lose your draw cards. But if I get cards that fill the same purpose - If I get Treasured Heirloom and Blood Frenzy, I'll often sac the heirloom at the start as I have my primary draw too.
    However, if I think that my opponent doesn't have attachment removal, then I'll happily sac extra Blood Frenzies because I'll never be able to play them.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks both, very useful tips