Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Newbie

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Newbie

Hi everybody, nice to meet you

A few words about me.

I am a new player on SE. I have been on digital version of SE for 3 weeks (maybe somebody played with me

I read a lot of articles on forum - specially dedicated for newbies (about rules, decks, heroes, how to earn gold, what is top 100, ect). I see that there is very helpfull and friendly community in SE

Today my wife told me that I am a game maniac - I understood that she has a right when I look in the past - a lot of mmorpgs, strategies, short history with MtG and very big bent for a standard strategies and games on normal table (Talisman, WRPG, Warhammer:Invasion, ect). I have a lacky because my wife is also a maniac of fantasy - in the literature and rpg I am from Poland (central Europe).

At the beggining I chose Serena deck (nice art and I love rogue in fantasy canon) but after several dozen of games I changed for a Lance - Serena needs a better skills (now I am a Newbie) and a better knowladge about cards in the game. I prepared a deck for farming gold (Zal) with the computer and play Lance in quick battles. Next step Moonstalker (I like this wolf) and later Serena. Fut firstly I am focusing on a fun and learning the cards and staretgies.
    Target for this month - ranking 260+

I also saw that there is a lot of clans / guilds on SE. My question is, what benefits gives me the clan ? (this is not strategy games, this is a card game - nobody attacking me, etc)

Brgd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

I suggest checking out ShadowEra.net (link in my signature). There are some nice things there for new players. [/shameless plug]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey there, welcome to the game and forums.

Basically guilds are groups of like minded players who get together to play the game as a team. There is also a social aspect since you interact with loads of other people from different places, and a competitive aspect where you polish your skills with guild members.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi and welcome. I'd recommend you look at the guild section on the forums. Different guilds offer slightly different things. I'm in ETC and we're fairly laid back, we have a friendly chat-room and our own forums, but we're usually pretty easy going about sharing stuff with the whole community. We have some great players and some resources for guild members. We also tend to be a bit whimsicle, like making up our own meaning for the guild initials.

SamuelJ up there is in TJ (Team Juggernauts) and my sense of them is they're a friendly and competitive group.

Lightning Fury there is in Blue Phoenix, they've got some great players and tend to take competition and improving skills pretty seriously, they even have some mentorship programs and assignments aimed at improving skills. The individual players from BP that I know seem pretty laid back and fun.

In a guild or not, there's a great community in this game, so take your time and get to know some people in game and on the forums. As you get a sense for who you like, you'll probably want to join their guild. In the end, it doesn't matter a whole lot. I'm friends with people in TJ and BP as well as my own guildies. While some guilds will keep some secrets within guilds, there's not much (if any) animosity if any between guilds, so it really is just a matter of what your personality is and what you want most from a guild (friendship, jokes, competitive skills, etc). Each guild will probably give all of those with slightly different emphases, and where they fall short, you can just seek it out from other players individually.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello Rodeo Rex and welcome..
    IGN: RS ShadowFuryX

The Chaos Beyond the Shadows

The Rising Sun Guild - http://therisingsun.freeforums.net/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome Rodeo Rex
    Nice to meet u!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums!

As others have said, guilds are mostly just how players group together. Some are fairly competitive, others no so much :P. Most offer a lot of help for players on their own forums. Places to discuss strategy and so on.
    There are a couple really large ones. AP (my guild) is only around 20ish members. Depends how you want to do things, if you're interested look around and you'll probably find one you like.
    Last edited by Flamebringer; 12-06-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi. What is a lacky?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello! Welcome to the game the forums and all the crazies!

As for guilds , there's a bunch and we have fun sniping at each other and taking glory from victories! There's a ton of info right here on the SE forums. But check out the guilds thread and throw your hat in the ring with whoever sounds best to you.
    Either way glad your here! Let's play!

@ Romantic Gunner, a lackey is a servant.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 12-06-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: I'm board
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread