Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Teach an old dog new tricks

I have been playing this game since the year it came out. I remember thinking it was better than magic tg because of the resource mechanic. I love it. Much more strategy goes into the game when you have to chose which of your cards you want to burn. Anyways, Ive been really excited with everything going on. First there was the two expansions and now theres physical cards! Its crazy. When I started playing everyone pretty much had the same deck, and all the Eldwin decks were running rampant. And now the whole game has changed and it gets better every day. Now herein comes my problem. I am a 20 year old male with an 8 month old baby at home. Things get hectic and I cant keep up with al the new changes! But i would really like to become more involved. I would like to start off by competing in tournaments and work my way up to organizing them and then finally, I would love to organize live games in my favorite city. Chicago! Now here is my request to you!
    I need a guide or at least some direction. If anybody would be willing to help me learn how to do what the big names do, that would be awesome! But I dont check the forums too often. So i am going to publicly release my cell pone number (i know crazy right?) to see if anybody else is crazy enough to text me! 331-575-6834. And like I said i would like to become more involved. For example, Has anyone ever thought of using whatsapp to communicate in group form for tournaments? Did anyones lightbulbs come on? See? Lets collaborate people! I hope you reply soon!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ps it says I joined in march of 2014... that is not true. I dont remember the exact day or month or year i started playng but it had to have been four-five years ago. I just didnt start playing again until last summer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi santoboy, there is a lot of good material (decks, guides) in the forum, but if you have specific questions we're here to answer.

My first suggestions are:
    1- play the more you can and do it with critical eye: understand your mistakes and try to avoid them next time
    2- watch good players games to learn from them
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello,
    Since u have been playing for long I wont tell you that this forum has a lot of articles that can help....oops did I say that.
    Anyway, the 1-1 kinda help you are looking for may be best available from joining a guild.
    The main forum has lotta ppl who help but it can be better & more personalized from within a guild.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all, you posted into the wrong section. This one provides info about official and player-run tournaments and ladders, as its sub-title suggests. Probably moderators will move your topic soon.

Back into main topic... if you really play Shadow Era since so long you should not have problems with new cards. Expansions come out so rarely that you have all time in the world to master them. Cell phones are not the main devices to communicate with other players. Forums are a must, IRC is also so much needed.
    If you think tournaments can help you to improve your gameplay you point in the right direction. You join them when you have free time, then 2 things can happen: you win and grab free Shadow Crystals, or you get eliminated and grab free experience. If you always ask yourself "why my opponent won? what could I do to avoid it?", check out good players' decks, excetera, you will sooner or later become a top-notch player.
    Another thing that could shorten your learning path is joining a guild. Different guild may use different ways to communicate, for example mine uses Facebook, forums, IRC and Whatsapp. We don't use English though, so you will probably have to search for something else . But there are plenty of options out there, so that really is a little problem.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back!

Check out shadowera.net (link in my sig). We have a lot of good articles and decks being showcased there.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Teach an old dog new tricks

I moved this to New Player section because I think the content will be most relevant to new players even though the OP isn't actually new. (Welcome back, Santoboy!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Greetings Santoboy. If ya really wanna learn fast and with some fun folks, join A1 ( shameless plug). And since you are crazy enough to give out your cell number , join us in our insanity as we use Telegram messenger ( which is a chat app) that's links us all in A1 through our cell phones! ( but you can also use it on any platform).

I won't bother to repeat all the good advice the guys above me have listed.

But welcome back! It's still an addicting game!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread