Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mind Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    Ya it's a card that won't solve a board flood if you have to play it to catch up that's a negitive as well it's a control card not everything is perfect or op and you will only have four in a deck so now you have to draw it, so op still?
    Is not about Mind Control itself, is about the comparation with the other removals, when you do that, you see it is very superior...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    You are pretty much snap dead if you need to play Mind Controls when behind.

It's a fine piece of removal, sure, but it's not that great until the allies it kills are 4cc+. It's not invaluable and as better cards are printed, it's probably one of the first cards getting cut from Elemental decks.

It's tough to beat if you have a lot of 4cc+ allies in your deck but there aren't that many you should be thinking about when building decks.
    ANY removal is weak against small allies(like 3cc-), but this is not the point, the point is the comparation with the other removals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MC only targets 1 ally. Have more allies on board or get a protector. And MC usually uses up most of the resources for that player in that turn. Decoy Trap, Holy Shield and other kill prevention cards counters it.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 000Spider000 View Post
    ANY removal is weak against small allies(like 3cc-), but this is not the point, the point is the comparation with the other removals.
    It is the point, though.

You cannot play Mind Control and another card during the same turn. That's why it can be more powerful

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Remember MC can only be accessed by Elementals too... I don't think MC is making Elementals overpowered.
    It used to give complete control over the card it targeted IIRC. HEhe. THAT was a little OP.

Look at Focused Prayer the same way... It's insanely ahead of most other item destruction, but only one class can access it. (Smashing Blow is limited to weapons and armour, Ley Line Nexus costs more and only targets high cost cards, Artful Squire is the opposite of Nexus...).
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your comparison between these cards doesn't prove MC OP at all.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do I consider it a top tier card that should be in most Elemental decks? Yes. Do I consider it "op"? Not even close. This ability isn't even a little bit gamebreaking. Removal abilities that have a higher power rating imo include death from above and tidal wave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mind Control is the most expensive of the bunch. Unless you are at a high number of resources, it becomes much harder to combo other cards with it.

Mind Control is also very easy to anticipate and play around.

Not to mention that it also yield a negative gain in terms of resources to eliminate a 4cc or lower ally.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Not to mention that it also yield a negative gain in terms of resources to eliminate a 4cc or lower ally.
    I agree it's a negative gain in resource terms, at least fundamentally, but not practically.

For instance, if I play Mind Control on your Jasmine, I've negated your (3) ally and dealt 3 damage to you (reference Special Delivery, as there are no class or faction-specific direct damage abilities available to Elementals).

So I've negated 3 resources' worth of ally, plus dealt 3 damage to you, arguably an addition 3-4 resources' worth of damage; we'll go with 3, since Special Delivery can target both allies and heroes, whereas Mind Control's damage can only hit heroes.

So, either way, you've accomplished a net swing of 6 resources' worth of effect with a cost (5) ability.

To the original point, Mind Control is a very powerful card, but far from being OP, as the Elemental class, having no other direct damage or ally removal (Energy Discharge does not count) would suffer greatly without this card's presence in its pool.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Most heroes have some instant kill. Mind control is not op. Just really really makes you angry. The worst thing is when a fatty like olgath attacks you. However for a mere 2cc you can cast cripple blow make olgath useless and still cast a 3 cc card for the price of mind control. It's more of a hit to the user because your own card attacks you. Not op
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?