Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

predators ambush 32 man single eliminatio

Team vanguard is hosting a popup tournament 32 man single elimination on april 4 1 pm us canada time link to sign up challonge.com/mmtpd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess the rules are, there are no rules?!?!

Also considering there are 4 time zones in the United States (3 in Canada) I guess you'll be hosting 4 different tournaments all starting at 1pm.
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1:00 pm sdt us canada ruels are build a deck and may the best man win no ban list

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jon6565 View Post
    1:00 pm sdt us canada ruels are build a deck and may the best man win no ban list
    Why not announce the time in GMT (Zulu) so there is no confusion or major conversion factor. Also you say no ban list which many ppl do not like since Millstalkers pretty much ruin competitive play so I avoid tournaments that allow it so I only assume others do too. You can't just simply say let the best deck wins. Most tournaments are played to the best of 3 and will give specific imstructions on who is going first to ensure fairness. Also where are you guys going to meet and communicate. Your pretty much saying be on at this time but we won't talk or see each other.

My suggest to you is either look for past tournaments threads and review how they are organized and work off that, or (even better) play a tournament and learn through experience. Right now this format and completely unorganized and doesn't make any sense and doubt you will get anyone to participate. I'm not trying to be mean or discouraging, trying to give you some friendly bc I foresee this as an epic fail. I've hosted my fair share of tournaments in the community and participated in lots of others, have s lot of experience on this sort of thing.
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not trying to be mean but I hate to say it but ba is right this needs more planning. Any of the tournaments I have ran or are running have one thing in common its planning. Sometimes i plan a tournament for 2 months we run it internal as a guild to work out the kinks than put it on as a community event. Not saying you need to do that with a popup but you do need to plan out the rules or itll be mass confusion where ever you meet at(irc, telegram, in person)

Btw if you need more help planing let me know ill try and help as much as i can
    Member of Shadow Era Titans

IGN: SET Xavier
    Telegram: @SETXavier

Any questions about my post or general message me on telegram

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay well thanks for the feed back ill cancle for now and redoo when I know more sorry

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No worries! It's awesome that a new player/guild is interested in hosting tournaments.

But, like the other guys said, it's better for you sake as the host and for the players that you have established rules before your event. Just look at the other events for inspiration, everybody has the same ground rules.

Also, it's quite rare to have 32 players in a Shadow Era popup (has it ever happened?).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Also, it's quite rare to have 32 players in a Shadow Era popup (has it ever happened?).
    Yes I've played in them before. Kind of luck of the draw so many people interested in playing at one time though so they are rare to see.
    Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, you'll want to get sponsorship so there's some sort of prize for the winner because although having tournaments is great, players will still want to get something worthwhile if they do win.

Love the enthusiasm though and I think more guilds and tournaments can only be a good thing for the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks but this tournament is canceld untill I can learn more about them ive got a lot to learn but it just makes it that much more exciting.