Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown Custom Games (and Tournaments!)

I think that meltdown tournaments would be awesome but with the current system it is almost impossible to organize one because you can't create custom MD games so you can't decide who to play against.
    I know that MD tournaments should be part of the automated tournament system that will be implemented but since Wulven time is so long it would be great if we could start tasting the format with simple custom games.
    Also, not everybody has time for a pop-up MD tournament so having the option to organize standard tournament where you can decide together with your opponent when to play is a plus.
    Obviously a MD custom game should have an entry fee in gold so that players can't just play MD without spending money on the game. Something like 80 gold to create or join a custom game could be fine, but this is up to Kyle. Anyway I think the fee should be less than 200 gold because custom games wouldn't count for the weekly MD score obviously.

Thoughts? I'd really love to play a MD tournament!
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that allowing custom meltdown games would be pretty cool. Meltdown tournament would be very interesting.

I don't see any reason for there to be a fee though. Normal meltdown has that gold fee because it goes into a pot for the highest rated meltdown players. Custom wouldn't be part of that... And in particular, 80/match would get quite excessive for a tournament.
    Last edited by Flamebringer; 12-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Obviously I'd love free custom games, but I can understand if Wulven wants to ask an entry fee: quickmatches are free but you need to buy all the cards, while in meltdown the deck is given to you so you don't need to spend money in the game to play.
    SE is free to play so you have to expect some limitations if you don't want to spend real money.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You only get to use the cards for that single match as well and there's really no guarantee you'll actually be able to put together a deck that's any good.

:|...
    While I would love to play more meltdown, I would play it very little because I can't spent a lot of time on SE to get gold and I can't really spend a lot of RL money on SE either. Love the game and I try to throw a little money at it from time to time but... Y'know, day to day.

Again, I would be happy to have this in the game either way.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    I think that meltdown tournaments would be awesome but with the current system it is almost impossible to organize one because you can't create custom MD games so you can't decide who to play against.
    I know that MD tournaments should be part of the automated tournament system that will be implemented but since Wulven time is so long it would be great if we could start tasting the format with simple custom games.
    Also, not everybody has time for a pop-up MD tournament so having the option to organize standard tournament where you can decide together with your opponent when to play is a plus.
    Obviously a MD custom game should have an entry fee in gold so that players can't just play MD without spending money on the game. Something like 80 gold to create or join a custom game could be fine, but this is up to Kyle. Anyway I think the fee should be less than 200 gold because custom games wouldn't count for the weekly MD score obviously.

Thoughts? I'd really love to play a MD tournament!
    +1
    IGN: 17 ScoP
    1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree
    +1
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Support! The only game mode I play nowadays is Meltdown. (Although my goal is to buy all cards with my Meltdown prize gold). I don't fair too well in normal games and would love to participate in Meltdown tournaments.
    HS achievements:
    Early Closed Beta player
    First few that made Malygos Rogue
    Closed Beta Unleash combo creator
    6x Legend

SE achievements:
    Does playing since early 2012 count?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱