DISCLAIMER: This might be a sensitive topic for some and I don't mean to offend anyone nor start an argument. But I wanted to ask this out of curiosity.

I am one of those rare players who is a woman and found this game after playing Magic the Gathering for years and quitting it (although I just tried out Magic 2014 few weeks ago - I am not completely satisfied with the game).

Shadowera is an excellent TCG and I have tremendously enjoyed playing it... However, I noticed how sexist card art was being towards women in this game and some card abilities being sexist as well.

Practically all women on the card art is depicted as sexy with enormous and ample breasts and always showing cleavage. They are dressed pretty skimpily. Also their poses tend to be suggestive and some of their abilities were sexist. They just scream "sexualized" to me. Examples include: Jasmine Rosecult, Sandra Trueblade, Brigette Skullborn, Erika Shadowhunter, Braxnoxian Temptress, and so on.

I don't recall seeing the same amount of blatant sexuality in Magic when I played it. It just made me feel women were being potrayed as the weaker sex and having to rely on their charms/looks/sexuality to get what they want on the cards arts and in abilities (Layarian Seductress, I am looking at you!).

On the flip side, I hardly see men being shirtless on card art, even for human warriors (look at the movie 300 and countless other war movies with greek/roman themes). Men also are portrayed as powerful, intimidating, and forceful in most of the card art and abilities.

I am very aware that most of the TCG players are men and they probably prefer seeing those sexy women over sexy men on cards. My question is: why is there so much sexualized women in Shadowera card art and them frequently having abilities related to their looks or sexuality? Is this necessary to draw into male players?

Would the game be any different if we covered up all the women and eliminated the sexualized terms such as "seductress", etc? Would I feel better if there were just as many shirtless male heroes on the cards? Maybe? lol.

Again, just my thoughts and pondering after seeing all those cards and comparing it to Magic. It appears to me the target audience for Shadow Era is probably males in their teens or early adulthood, based on the card art.

I am not on a crusade to change card art or anything. I just wanted to know what you male players thought about all of this.

P.S. My degree is in sociology and gender is one of my branches, so hence, the reason for this inquiring post.