Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am new to the game (and just posted my first deck draft, yay!) - so i know i probably lack the experience for this discussion...

but i think Mind Control is (at least mid- or late-game) a super strong card. i.e.: it can kill a Dakrath, deal some nice dmg to the hero and even can reduce the tageted heros armor and weapon durability this way... and there's usually no way to counter it (exept Ricochet Trap or Hidden and wulven whatever may cancel the dmg part)... Enchanted Oak is perhaps the only real counter (at least a delay^^). am i mistaken?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sry, double post (noob^^).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No one discuss right now? newly play. below is my personal feeling:
    Serena and cutlass combo is too OP, can change steal one card from opponent's deck. Ankle Breaker OP, can change to 0 damage, force disable 1 turn, doesn't lower base attack.

Mind Control , it should be a cost 7 card. Soul Reaper, each ally heal 1 hp, cost 5. Tidal Wave , should cost 7 also.

Voice of Winter, change to opposing ally enters take 1 ice damage,maybe 2.

Ill Gotten Gains, change to 3 durability, can only activate 1 time per trun.

Eternal Troll, 2 hp, can relive 3 times, after 3 times, to be exiled.

Most OP cards are in Rogue and Elemental. Aldon and Loest are powerful, but not OP, Aldon is easy to deal with, Loest's skill cost 5 is OK.

Besides, Aramia is too weak, can change to seek a cost 4 or less item, put in hand, dont shuffle, skill cost 3 SE.
    Last edited by duo; 02-12-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: miss typing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those are all terrible suggestions.

Welcome to the forums.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This thread is two years old now, trust me when I say there are many other, more current, nerf threads to post in.

With that out of the way, and if you are new to the game as you say, I think it should be required of all new players to own all the cards and to play with them all (not just against) before talking about nerfs. You might get your ass handed to you a few times by certain cards but if you actually try those decks/heros you might find that they aren't as powerful as you once thought they were. It seems overpowered to have Mind Control played against you on your fattie, but then you have to realize that the opponent more than likely didn't play any other card that turn and then when it gets back to you you will more than likely be able to play another fattie or possibly two spells in return with 6 resources. How does the elemental player follow up to that? Try it out. Same with Tidal Wave. Try it out. Play Serena and realize what happens when you don't draw your weapons or when you play one, use it once, and the opponent destroys it on the next turn. Try it out.

My recommendation is to give the game time and try out all of the cards first. Have fun, too. It is a great game. You obviously haven't had a chance to complain about Victor yet, since I see no Hunter nerfs in your post. Lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thank u, but u misunderstood. i played every hero and nearly each card.

Those are not only my personal opinions, u can see this thread many people thoutht cutlass is OP. But your word i agree, if doesn't draw cutlass, it's bad. Although u should know every Serena player rating above 200 owns 4 cutlass in a under 50 cards deck. That's fairly high possibility to draw one or two cutlass after 5-6 truns, then Serena casts skill continuously 2 or 3 times, it becomes a sweeping. my suggestion is to discard a card from opponent's hand, and steal a card from his/her deck, that would be more balanced.

The first hero i play is Victor, the 2nd one is Nishaven, the 3rd is Threbin, and others after. I use Tidal Wave as well, found it over powered, comparing to Supernova or Energy Discharge. From single card balance it should cost 7, but if consider between classes, maybe 6 cc is OK.

The same, many ones thought mind control is too op, not only me. control a high-attack ally to damage its hero and lower hero's weapon armor durability, and then get killed instantly, only cost 5! Compare to Rabid Bite, attacks random opposing target but doesn't get counterattack, just disable 1 turn, cost 4 is fair.

Victor is powerful, but not OP, u can check every post in this thread, no one says Victor is OP.

If u dont believe me, it doesn't matter, u can just ask other bodies whether mind control and tidal wave are OP or not. Most cards are OK, just a few need to adjust.

At last, i agree with u, SE is a great game, i like it much more than wizards magic.
    Last edited by duo; 02-12-2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: msis typing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    Those are not only my personal opinions, u can see this thread many people thoutht cutlass is OP. .
    This thread is 2 years old and was started after balance changes which made cutlass to what it is right now, of course people thought it was OP at that time. Since then no one calls for nerf of cutlass, and though Serena is good, she's far from stable T1 hero.

5cc for Tidal and Mc are just right, you just need to play around those. 7cc tidal is just ridiculous

Victor is powerful, but not OP, u can check every post in this thread, no one says Victor is OP .
    Same as above, this is an old thread, if you check the most recent one, the hero people most complain about these days is Vic, cause he has so many good class cards + his ability.
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    This thread is 2 years old and was started after balance changes which made cutlass to what it is right now, of course people thought it was OP at that time. Since then no one calls for nerf of cutlass, and though Serena is good, she's far from stable T1 hero.

5cc for Tidal and Mc are just right, you just need to play around those. 7cc tidal is just ridiculous

Same as above, this is an old thread, if you check the most recent one, the hero people most complain about these days is Vic, cause he has so many good class cards + his ability.
    If u insist Mind Control 5cc is right, maybe i think just only instant kill without any limit is enough, dont attack controller's hero. U can see other intant kill card all have limit, Assassination need a free ally to cast and cost 3cc, Now You're Mine only kill cost 3 or less ally, Death from Above also need a non-disable ally to cast and only kill cost 4 or less ally, The Bigger They Are and The Harder They Fall all have limit and cost 4 and sometimes could kill self's ally. Mind Control without any limit to kill is powerful enough, if add to attack controller's hero, this card is only cost 5, i would say that's ridiculous and insane. At least it should cost 6, so be the Tidal Wave.

I have Threbin and Zaladar as well, also use Tidal Wave and MC myself already, found these two cards break the balance.

I admit cutlass + Serena would make people annoying, but that can be dealt with.

But u're right this is old thread, and design team definitely won't modify Coct/DP cards. I just say my opinion.

Victor is my first hero, although he's powerful i dont use it much, right now Ythan is my favorite. In the recent thread i also post and agree to prevent Victor from recycle Hunter's Gambit, like to exile this card after once used.
    Last edited by duo; 02-14-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If u insist Mind Control 5cc is right, maybe i think just only instant kill without any limit is enough, dont attack controller's hero. U can see other intant kill card all have limit, Assassination need a free ally to cast and cost 3cc, Now You're Mine only kill cost 3 or less ally, Death from Above also need a non-disable ally to cast and only kill cost 4 or less ally, The Bigger They Are and The Harder They Fall all have limit and cost 4 and sometimes could kill self's ally. Mind Control without any limit to kill is powerful enough, if add to attack controller's hero, this card is only cost 5, i would say that's ridiculous and insane. At least it should cost 6, so be the Tidal Wave.

I have Threbin and Zaladar as well, also use Tidal Wave and MC myself already, found these two cards break the balance.

I admit cutlass + Serena would make people annoying, but that can be dealt with.

But u're right this is old thread, and design team definitely won't modify Coct/DP cards. I just say my opinion.

Victor is my first hero, although he's powerful i dont use it much, right now Ythan is my favorite. In the recent thread i also post and agree to prevent Victor from recycle Hunter's Gambit, like to exile this card after once used.
    Your card change propositions are, as someone stated here, terrible. So is to me your card judgement. You can t compare Now Your Mine to Mind Control - these cards are just 2 different leagues. MC is a really strong card but can also be played around quite easily - it usually deals with 1 ally for the cost of a whole used turn. Then opponent is free to spam more ally threats. It is strong, very strong, but not OP. 5cc is really big cost to pay for 1-off effect.
    On the plus side however you somehow managed to observe what s OP with Victor and how to remedy that, which even some of the most veteran players here sometimes fail to see. So on some changes your opinion is terrible but on Victor it s actually spot on. I really don t know what to think of you as a man and a player - noob or crazy genious?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonTheBarbarian View Post
    Your card change propositions are, as someone stated here, terrible. So is to me your card judgement. You can t compare Now Your Mine to Mind Control - these cards are just 2 different leagues. MC is a really strong card but can also be played around quite easily - it usually deals with 1 ally for the cost of a whole used turn. Then opponent is free to spam more ally threats. It is strong, very strong, but not OP. 5cc is really big cost to pay for 1-off effect.
    On the plus side however you somehow managed to observe what s OP with Victor and how to remedy that, which even some of the most veteran players here sometimes fail to see. So on some changes your opinion is terrible but on Victor it s actually spot on. I really don t know what to think of you as a man and a player - noob or crazy genious?
    Thank you for comment. You should notice i not only compare Mind Control with Now You're Mine, but also include other instant-kill cards. The difference is just that other instant-kill cards all have limitation and only do instant kill, nothing else, but Mind Control does non-limit kill plus to attack owner's hero and to reduce weapon armor durability, assembling three effects in one card, dont u think 5cc is too cheap? Why dont u say in previous turn opponent use 5cc or 6cc even 7cc to summon a strong ally, then get killed in one second, deal nice damage to self hero, and weapon or armor is gone as well? You say MC is quite easy to play around, i dont see any way to defend this spell, except Enchanted Oak is a delay and hero in stealth or hidden, but instant-kill still works. My suggestion is same, at least 6cc for such a over powered card. So be the Tidal Wave. Or just remain instant-kill without limitation, remove attack hero, 5cc is fair.

I played each hero and nearly each card, consider all the balance among cards and classes, and then post my adjustment without personal likes or dislikes, it's totally objective.

If you dont agree, it doesn't matter, the desigh team won't change old cards, My opinion is only from the game balance point of view, you also have the right to reserve yours.
    Last edited by duo; 02-17-2017 at 07:56 PM.