Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree that most things are balanced at the moment, or at least there are a variety is T1 decks thy at are competitive. Would still like to see some tweaking to a few cards that really push the envelope power-wise tough.

My immediate hit list remains largely unchanged:

Bloodpack shaman
    Amulet of conjuring
    Harbinger of the lost
    Rampant krygon

Unlikely any of the will see change at this point but I see them as meta-twisting influences.

Superheroes: superman is Like millstalker, OP but pretty much folds to a kryptonie hard counter. A little kryptonie dust in his coffee and bam - instant terminal illness for big blue. For the ultimate ironic twist, you couldn't even cut him open to get it out either thanks to the whole man of steel thing! Dude would have to lazer eyes his own stomach open to get that sht out!

Also, how does he shave? Dude should have a full on Taliban beard and matching Afro by now.

The flash is OP. Even big blue ain't quick enough to hit him - he basically stops time when he gets his run on. He doesn't need any other power really, you have any idea what a guy swinging a baseball bat at you at 1000 mph looks like. Red mist and on top of that he's swiped your wallet before your twitching legs have even hit the ground! His only real counter is Chuck Norris but that dudes to busy bow flexing to bother with mr red
    Last edited by Heidrek Rampant; 12-15-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm wondering why Aldon wasn't discussed that much in SE's history. I mean, the whole pre-SF metagame was built around Aldon and what could kill with him or survive his buffed friends.

He was often identified as a centerpiece of the game, but there weren't many cries of OPness.

It was him that made rush Elad possible but he didn't receive a lot of the hate Eladwen got.

I'm not saying he was hoping, but he was definitely meta-defining.
    Last edited by FDL; 12-15-2014 at 02:56 AM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm guessing it's because his main feature is that he makes other cards better but needs an established board to do anything of real value. By himself he's just a weaker jasmine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally hate Aldon...I find him both very strong and very boring (or at least tired of seeing him in like 2/3 of human decks - sorry to anyone who is counting exactly) as a card. OP or not, he's already well established, so we just have to deal with him.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 12-15-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't mind there being staple cards like Aldon. He's certainly in most Human decks, but he doesn't end a match when he's played. Especially alone :P.

Same goes for Krygon in particular. No denying it shows up in a lot of decks and for good reason, but I still think it's fine.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebringer View Post
    I really don't mind there being staple cards like Aldon. He's certainly in most Human decks, but he doesn't end a match when he's played. Especially alone :P.

Same goes for Krygon in particular. No denying it shows up in a lot of decks and for good reason, but I still think it's fine.
    Exactly. The meta will always be defined by some cards.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Exactly. The meta will always be defined by some cards.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can i get a foil card of bad santa with billy bob thorton as a reward for starting a thread with 77 replies thus far (and an awesome design idea for new bad santa)
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCRO View Post
    Hmm...
    TBH, everything seems kinda balanced to me. Even the Harbringer; it can miss an ally and then you wasted 2cc for useless ally (well, relatively useless) and depending on its mill, it can be a major screwup (I like when playing Vic and they just mill me that Gambit... 3 ).
    There are good cards and good heroes, there are bad cards and bad heroes (relatively). But in the end, there is no single hero or a single card that is so powerful that it would define the entire metagame because of it beeing too powerful.
    Actually Aramia is strongly defining the meta now. Bobross' article on Zhanna is very clear about it.
    It's not that Aramia is strictly OP, I don't think she is,but she wins consistently with a good amount of previously popular decks and this is very bad for the qm meta.
    In tournaments she's less used because it's basically a noob deck, but the problem exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    I'm wondering why Aldon wasn't discussed that much in SE's history. I mean, the whole pre-SF metagame was built around Aldon and what could kill with him or survive his buffed friends.

He was often identified as a centerpiece of the game, but there weren't many cries of OPness.

It was him that made rush Elad possible but he didn't receive a lot of the hate Eladwen got.

I'm not saying he was hoping, but he was definitely meta-defining.
    Aldon is a great card imo.
    He is very powerful in many decks but he doesn't pass the OP line... He's just standing there, close to it, watching other cards come through and laughing at them XD
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to offer a Meltdown perspective for the original question.

Cards-
    Ill Gotten Gains
    What Big Teeth

Hero-
    Zaladar
    HS achievements:
    Early Closed Beta player
    First few that made Malygos Rogue
    Closed Beta Unleash combo creator
    6x Legend

SE achievements:
    Does playing since early 2012 count?