Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Moonstalker featuring ravagers

I tried several ravager decks and came to the conclusion that ravagers are crap :-)
    But fun.
    They require a lot of draw.
    The ravager allies are pretty weak in defense.
    But if the stay on board 2 turns they can inflict an impressive amount of damages.

I tried a version with Moonstalker so that he can protect allies and provide cheap draw with Bloodmoon.

Moonstalker

Allies: 17
    4x Spitfire Hound >> cheap destroy ability, it is pretty weak in early game but triggers Cleric's ability later and Obelisk when his 3 damages are enough to kill
    4x Ravager Zealot >> hasted 3 is good, hasted 5 when Thriss Alamanac is on the table is really useful
    2x Slingblade Demon >> not sure about this one yet, he allows to cycle summoning effects or to refuel a Murderous low in health
    4x Cleric of the Asyn >> Amazing when you destroy in cascade (Spitfire Hound + Obelisk of echoes) he grows rapidly to 10+ damage and allows to snipe a victory even in desperate situations + he still gains attack when your opponent destroys your items so you don't lose everything :-)
    3x Murderous Hulk >> a beast when he can grow his attack (Thriss Almanac & Bloodthirsty) to kill several opponents in the same turn; always very useful to have a solution against stealthy allies

Abilities/Items: 22
    4x Obelisk of Echoes >> wonderful card: so versatile, it can destroys all draw engines, armors, weapons, crippling blow on your Cleric that grew silently to 16 attack; it is cheap enough to allow you not to play it in advance - otherwise it is primary target for your opponent
    3x Blood Moon >> can fuel ravagers if needed
    3x Rain Delay >> best combo in this deck when you destroy it at your turn - chained with Moonstalker ability it can allows your allies to survive 2 turns + Blood Moon still triggers during rain delay...
    3x Bazaar >> supplementary draw needed, can be shut down when your opponent needs it more than you (not often the case)
    3x Captured Prey >> remove annoying opponent's threats, and additional target for your ravagers for the last swing
    2x Bloodthirsty >> amazing on Murderous Hulk, uneasy to set-up though...
    4x Thriss Almanac >> boost your attack but as there are 4 in the decks you can also use its mini-board wipe when needed

Total: 39 + Moonstalker

http://db.deckmill.com/#f0ijxkbkfmidXx0x2x7ojfvyEyK

Not a competitive deck as it is.
    After tweaking by better players it may become one?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't there anything better than Bazaar?
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Isn't there anything better than Bazaar?
    Bah... I don't know
    I am interested with your analysis about Bazaar
    Alternatives in SF are:
    - Loom of Fate >> it is better because you control when you give cards to your opponent + you can benefit from it at turn 2, bombing your opponent if you are first BUT it costs 1 resource each time you use it and the ravager deck does not have a lot of spare resources, mostly due to the sustain cost of Thriss Almanac
    - Crystal Shards >> good for decks benefiting from discard

I tried Bad Santa >> it is good but does not fuel ravagers
    Wrath of the Forest >> too expensive, loss of tempo, and easy target for opponent

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loom of fate is better here then bazzar
    It is cheaper, you can trigger it when you want, you can destroy when you want and play another one
    Please think on Full moon in deck (+2 attack to all, no damage to you) and Now your mine (to support early game)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loom of Fate cheaper? No it is not strictly cheaper. To get 1 card it costs me 2, to get 5 cards it costs me 6....
    It is cheaper only when you don't use it (which can happen with ravagers, I admit).
    As I said it is better when you can benefit from it more than your opponent, which could reliably happen when you are first player and activate it T2.
    But as I already have Blood Moon...

Full Moon costs 4. It is quite expensive for a temporary boost. It is really inferior to Thriss Almanac IMO. I would like to give it a try but I don't know which card it could replace...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalkager? Moonavager? Ravamoon? Can't think of a good combo for naming this deck....Kind've like Moonstalkager.
    Newb Member of Enlisted to Endure (E2E)

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation. 1 Peter 1:15 KJV

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tested Cleric's Mantle in this deck yesterday, it was really worth it.
    The fact that Moonstalker can preserve durability of its armors for several turns with her ability and Rain Delay may offer several usages of double swing. I think it will offer this deck the small boost that was missing when you feel you loose board control and decide to go to the throat...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Used MS ravagers before, liked Ter Adun's ravagers better. Lythian Shackles 0 cost is awesome for item destruction.
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bazaar is a great card, you just can't use against your mortal enemy - the mages!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also like to mess around with ravagers. I recently tried working them with BB but just could not get it to work. When I was trying with MS, I felt that Bazaar just did not work as well as Loom of Fate. Having a t1 - Loom of Fate, t2- Spitfire when going second to kill or dump 3 damage onto my opponents t2 drop felt like a better move than t1- nothing, t2- bazaar. Still never figured out a deck that worked well. Curious how you have been fairing.

As for a name for the deck... Moonstalkager... no...

Perhaps...

Raging Silhouette
    Shadow Havok
    Moonlit Carnage

... anything but Moonstalkager x_X