Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Me and my rage quits

Ok so I love this game.
    But if I lose 2-3 Ina row I feel like throwing my I pad. The. I stop playing for a couple hours, then I want to tweak my deck, then I play a couple more win and the. Think the deck is good, lose 2-3 rage quit pick a new hero etc.

WHY???????

Anyone Else have a endless cycle like this?

I feel like if I found a hero that I felt was truly good and a deck that I felt would win I would be ok.

Also while I'm on the subject what percentage of games can I expect to win in order to get to top 100. 60 percent? 70 percent?

Thanks for the input. I want to get good enough to give you top dogs a run
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You gotta remember that all your best plans you made thinking of what's in your deck are going up against someone who has made their own plans. And you don't really know what they will be bringing. So don't be harsh on yourself when it doesn't perform as planned. Learn from the losses and build some resilience into your own deck.

Not sure if that will help but that's what I take from my own losses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a game of luck, so you will be less lucky then your opponent about 50% of the times.
    If you're not a really gold player or you don't have a really good deck this means you'll have about 50% win rate after you adjust your rating close to your skills.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get frustrated too, especially when I hit a losing streak, or when I get some really bad luck and lose to an opponent that I don't think played that well. Sure those moments are frustrating, but there are also some spectacular losses. Like, where the opponent teaches you something new. I had one memorable one a few weeks ago vs Jojiwakabayashi, where he pulled a win out of certain doom by using his ravager zealot to kill one of my allies, then used obelisk of echoes to destroy the crippling blow (which I had stolen from him) that I had placed on his ally, which he then used to kill me. Those sorts of losses can be just as rewarding as wins. I think having a sense of humor about the game, and a bit of distance is helpful. Recognize that some losses represent bad luck, and others just represent lessons that you haven't learned yet, and there's nothing wrong with either...so there's no reason to be upset. Don't play the game to win, play the game to have fun and learn, and you won't be disappointed. This is harder when you wind up in tournaments - which is why I'm going to try to limit my own tournament play.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone. I'll put on my big boy pants now. Lol.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only get upset at this game in 2 situations. The first is when I lose to a silly gimmick type deck. The second is when I make a mistake.

Losing to a solo Eladwen just because she drew 4 fireballs in a row is upsetting because I know that my deck builds are usually strong enough to beat most silly gimmicks. And when I forget about what certain cards do or don't notice that Threbin used his ability with no weapon out and I attack him with low health allies, I get upset. But if I lose to decks that have real substance and real thought put into them, I don't care at all. I always say GG at the end and move on to the next game. Like everyone above me said, this game comes down to luck of the draw and how well you use the cards you're given.

Though I am certainly similar, if I lose I like to switch up the decks and hope that I play the guy that just beat me haha. Good luck man.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's tough man! I get ya, but trust me, stick it out, play, ask a few questions here, and you'll be doing much better!
    But let me tell you , it's not any easier, but it's still just as much fun!
    Keep it up, SE has the best tcg forum out there, post your deck and you'll get a lot of advice!

Welcome!

Edit: lol, just play your ass off if you want to be top 100. Really never stop playing, winning helps a lot, but # of games played gives you the best percentage, win or lose.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 11-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm enjoying a 10 win streak with this Loest build, but probably it's because I'm lucky. The cards I remember in the deck:

4 x Kris
    4 x Cinderborn
    4 x Aldon
    2 x Jasmine
    4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning
    4 x Bad Santa
    4 x Supernova
    4 x Amulet of Conjuring
    Extra Terrestrial Cardplayer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you need to do around 5,000 - 6,000 points everyday for a full month to be top 100, the number of games needed depends on your rating.
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Players seem to forget that this is a card game and we don't get to choose the players we are up against ( usually ) or the hand you're dealt ( never )
    The charm of this game is that any deck can beat any other deck with a good draw... And you can equally loose to bad players with bad decks ...
    Never underrstimate luck ... Just ask any good poker player