Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bern, Tax Hound

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Could make it a 1cc 0/2 with a 2cc activation. Can't exactly rush with it but it still forces removal if the opponent wants to play the curve game.
    You keep writing about it as a counter to opponents trying to play tempo...this is not a tempo counter, it is a tempo card. When you play a card like this - you're the one playing a tempo game.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    You keep writing about it as a counter to opponents trying to play tempo...this is not a tempo counter, it is a tempo card. When you play a card like this - you're the one playing a tempo game.
    How is something that requires a continuous 2cc activation considered a tempo card? Neither player can do much as far as permanents are concerned (or in the controller's case, cards) after this card is activated. Your opponent can still play spells and can definitely get quite a bit ahead as long as the spells he plays aren't permanents on curve.

The original idea can definitely be used as a tempo card (as in, you force the opponent to pay resources while you aren't) if it's resolved and it sticks but so far we've established that it can definitely lead into degenerate games if there isn't a cost to pay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    How is something that requires a continuous 2cc activation considered a tempo card? Neither player can do much as far as permanents are concerned (or in the controller's case, cards) after this card is activated. Your opponent can still play spells and can definitely get quite a bit ahead as long as the spells he plays aren't permanents on curve.

The original idea can definitely be used as a tempo card (as in, you force the opponent to pay resources while you aren't) if it's resolved and it sticks but so far we've established that it can definitely lead into degenerate games if there isn't a cost to pay.
    oh woops, didn't notice the 2cc activation...fair enough. Yeah, I think anything along these lines would have to have similar issues as plague - i.e. using it in deck costs you tempo. Then hopefully your disruption of opponent's tempo pays off. Also if you made it a bigger ally, like 4cc for a 1/6, 2cc activation target ally has sustain -2cc until your next turn. I think that would actually be ok. You pay to make the opponent pay.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    oh woops, didn't notice the 2cc activation...fair enough. Yeah, I think anything along these lines would have to have similar issues as plague - i.e. using it in deck costs you tempo. Then hopefully your disruption of opponent's tempo pays off. Also if you made it a bigger ally, like 4cc for a 1/6, 2cc activation target ally has sustain -2cc until your next turn. I think that would actually be ok. You pay to make the opponent pay.
    The problem with this being 4cc is the same as with Wulven Tactician: It's more of a slight inconvenience than a thing that actually does something.

Wulven Tactician's ability is one of my most favorite abilities in card games but it being 4cc just makes the card not exciting. I think the same thing would happen with this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Broken as hell. Are you serious??