Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Intentional Draws in WC2014

So the regional format is a joke. Ive played several games and won world championship in other games and never seen such a shit show of a format. NO OTHER GAMES HAVE ORGANIZED DRAWS IN MAJOR TOURNAMENTS. NONE. and the weak ass oh i earned it cuz i went 4-1 through 5 rounds of swiss is a joke. Go x-1 through a 10-12 rd swiss and yes you earned it, but 6 not even close. The final swiss round of a major tournament is meant to separate the pretenders from the contenders. This oh lets all draw bullshit proves nothing but the fact that you all dont deserve your spots. A world champion takes on all comers with no fear, not runs like a pussy to keep his spot. So to all of you who qualified through drawing be proud of being a bitch and if you win worlds be hapoy with that asterisk i will place next to your name anytime its brought up.

If you want to truly find a worthy world champion change this format. Allowing draws makes this a mockery.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Less swiss equals less skill to determine worthy players.

Making draws available to people who can see their current standings is also bogus.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Less swiss equals less skill to determine worthy players.

Making draws available to people who can see their current standings is also bogus.
    +1 well said sir i know im hot and not as eloquent asu sual

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MtG has intentional draws, for example.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    And whoever wants to try the if you had a guarantee to take a top8 slot you would do it to stance heres a factoid for you, in a major yugioh event that was 10 rounds of swiss i started 8-0 and lost my last 2 rounds finishing 11th. My final round opponent went 9-1 and didnt make top8 he finished 9th. He offered to say he wrote the slip wrong and i won which would guarantee me a top 8 spot in 3rd/4th. He said just take the win you earned your spot, i passed because i didnt earn my spot since i lost my matches. I had the best deck that weekend and schooled the eventual champion 5-0 after the tournament. My point is i could have won a tainted championship but i chose to man up cuz i didnt earn it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look dude, these are called the championship round for a reason. I can name 7 games where there were not intentional draws being tolerated

As far as I remember, yugioh didn't have draws, you had to play everything through, same with vs system same with wow. To blatantly report that it is an option and that it would not have any effect on your placement is horrendous. That's totally cheap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're complaining about the number of Rounds?

Reference from MTG:

CHART FOR APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF ROUNDS OF SWISS TO SELECT THE TOP 8 PLAYERS FOR SINGLE ELIMINATION:

17–32 players 5 rounds of Swiss
    33–64 6 rounds of Swiss
    65–128 7 rounds of Swiss
    129–226 8 rounds of Swiss
    227–409 9 rounds of Swiss
    410+ 10 rounds of Swiss

https://www.wizards.com/dci/download...s_Pairings.pdf
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No he's complaining about the intentional draws being allowed.
    I can understand his point, but rules are the same for everyone and you have to play by the rules.
    This sounds like a rant from someone who failed.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think maybe he thought he was in with a chance without intentional draws. But actually, he wasn't. Another pair could have IDed to guarantee a place for both but they played instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    No he's complaining about the intentional draws being allowed.
    I can understand his point, but rules are the same for everyone and you have to play by the rules.
    This sounds like a rant from someone who failed.
    That doesn't make sense, when his point is why are intentional draws allowed. If its to determine the best, then people who draw in a "qualifying round" wouldn't be considered the best. It's dumb, especially when the TO spends 5 minutes talking about how it won't affect their places if they draw. why would you put it out on the line, when people can see their places and then solidify a place without using any skill, whereas the rest of the tournament fights for the idea that some of them will lose, and they therefore have a chance? i mean, why even play the last round?They effectively nullified an entire round of swiss by doing this.