Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I hate how iPad distorces everything I write.

Anyway awesome deck, ló kW hardware to beat with Boris.
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    I Love Elementalis, im playing Gwen just to take a break from 30+ Min games with elementalis. Still my fav deck. They need to increase ability cost by 1 to make him balanced/useless lol
    Totally agree with this - the healing ability needs to cost at least 3, possibly 4, shadow points. Either that or the amount of damage healed needs to be decreased to 3 or 4.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    Totally agree with this - the healing ability needs to cost at least 3, possibly 4, shadow points. Either that or the amount of damage healed needs to be decreased to 3 or 4.
    I'm not so sure I agree with this; the ability is actually not that bad, the synergy with recursive 1 cost allies is. I think Elementalis is fine, but the synergy is a bit strong for some decks to deal with.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree with this; the ability is actually not that bad, the synergy with recursive 1 cost allies is. I think Elementalis is fine, but the synergy is a bit strong for some decks to deal with.
    I think you make my point though - unless you get rid of the recursive nature of this hero class, which I think is not the way to go, you need to temper this strategy to balance it out. Thus, make the healing aspect a little less potent.

Now, if you want to argue limitations to the recursive cards, that's fine. I think it becomes more complicated though when you go down that path.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    It's not an easy deck to play, you have to know when to context switch between defending and attacking, you have to know when to drop a Shard or Bazaar and when not to (tip: Shard only when you have board control and know that Shard will keep you it for a while, and Bazaar generally only when you are into the '10 cards that I'm recursing left in my deck' stage of the game).
    I disagree with the extreme care in playing Shard. I'll play it pretty much as soon as I draw it. It makes no difference anyway. Only Brutalis is affected, but at 1/4 he was useless anyway. And it makes Mind Control on turn 5 all the more devastating.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    I disagree with the extreme care in playing Shard. I'll play it pretty much as soon as I draw it. It makes no difference anyway. Only Brutalis is affected, but at 1/4 he was useless anyway. And it makes Mind Control on turn 5 all the more devastating.
    Actually I find that Brutalis' full hp and Sparks 3+ hp makes a world of difference. In fact Sparks being 2hp makes a world of difference vs Shadow decks now. And the dynamic has changed a bit now you don't keep MC'd allies forever of course, but that can still make a difference too (sometimes you want an MC'd ally to have *less* attack so it dies from defence damage and you put a big dent in another ally).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well i think limit your opponent ally control to 2 turns only is not that big nerf at all when its come to Elementalis
    because of many overpower cards that deck have compare to other decks may be
    but MC in my opinion the only good nerf that should have is to move your opponent ally to your deck instead of to your side in the board (which make summoning your opponent ally in the next turn possible and cost more mana thats a real nerf in my opinion) because of many things that makes this card overpower (reduce mana cost to summon and no other decks have a card as this powerful and ...etc )
    anyway i totally agree with calmdown its way overpower deck compare to the other decks in all aspects
    not just controlling your opponents allys but healing and early summon initiative packed with reducing your opponent resources and many many more
    its simply way overpower deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ViTTiE View Post
    Elementalis is the most competitive one, but too boring to play.
    Yeah gets old quick.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is My Current Elementalis Deck:

Here it is:

Hero: Elementalis

Allies:
    4x Fire Snake
    4x Spark
    2x Brutalis

Abilities/Items:
    2x Bazaar
    4x Shriek of Vengeance
    4x Bad Santa
    2x Shard of Power
    2x Eternal Renewal
    4x Mind Control
    1x Armor Of Ages

Very Similar to what he currently runs Except i Run AOE and More Shreek As gwen and amber are starting to see more play.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    i Run AOE
    Isn't it AOA? I've seen you call it aoe a handful of times and I keep wondering how the E got in there