Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis: How to abuse broken decks for fun and profit

This is a deck I've kept (mostly) secret since it's been my 'competitive' deck. But I just don't care anymore

Here it is:

Elementalis

4x Fire Snake
    4x Spark
    4x Brutalis

4x Mind Control
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Eternal Renewal
    2x Shard of Power
    2x Bazaar
    2x Shriek of Vengeance

It's not an easy deck to play, you have to know when to context switch between defending and attacking, you have to know when to drop a Shard or Bazaar and when not to (tip: Shard only when you have board control and know that Shard will keep you it for a while, and Bazaar generally only when you are into the '10 cards that I'm recursing left in my deck' stage of the game). But, correctly played, this deck is almost unbeatable because Elementalis is completely broken (how he's gone this long without a nerf is beyond me - probably because he's not that easy to play) and Mind Control is still the single best card in the game.

Toughest matchups are Hunter heavy bow damage based decks because you can't remove them; you have to play very slowly, sacrificing your weenies by attacking to knock durability off their bows, Shrieking at every opportunity, and being careful not to get stuck in a Night Prowler beatdown. Other than that, you can faceroll most decks once you understand when to switch between attack/defense.

Don't forget that sometimes its best not to sacrifice a Mind Controlled ally, so that your opponent misses his draw step, thanks to the hilarious gamebreaking bug.

Variants: Something that I don't post about much but always do, is have a standard set of variants for most decks, based on what seems to be popular in a 'game session' and how the environment develops day to day, so here's some of that for this deck...

-1 Brutalis +1 Energy Discharge for ally heavy environments
    -1 Shard +1 Conversion for rush-aggro heavy environments
    -1/2 Brutalis +1/2 Shriek for bow heavy environments (dont care about other items)

You can go down to 2 Brutalis but no less, 10 should be your minimum creature count.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing a similar deck , minus the santas, and lose often (best match-up so far has been other elementals or newbies). I'll fork out the 420 [:-(] for the cards and give it another go. Think my card strategy just sucks. Tried the Boris deck you recommended in 1.24 and was winnin bout 50/50...

I think one of my main problems is knowing what to sacrifice. Keep getting half way through a game and thinking "I wish i hadn't done that..."
    Last edited by bollox; 04-20-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Amg, someone found a legitimate use for Bad Santa. Whenever I use it, it helps my opponent more than me XD
    Can this be real? Or just some crazy dream...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    is it possible to destroy shards of power with my own shriek???that would be great!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    calmdown, how come your in angry mode =p... seems like ur on the ege of quitting SE from your other posts... is it the rankin or the unbalance that buggs you the most? O_o 1.26 should not be far...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    This is a deck I've kept (mostly) secret since it's been my 'competitive' deck. But I just don't care anymore

Here it is:

Elementalis

4x Fire Snake
    4x Spark
    4x Brutalis

4x Mind Control
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Eternal Renewal
    2x Shard of Power
    2x Bazaar
    2x Shriek of Vengeance

It's not an easy deck to play, you have to know when to context switch between defending and attacking, you have to know when to drop a Shard or Bazaar and when not to (tip: Shard only when you have board control and know that Shard will keep you it for a while, and Bazaar generally only when you are into the '10 cards that I'm recursing left in my deck' stage of the game). But, correctly played, this deck is almost unbeatable because Elementalis is completely broken (how he's gone this long without a nerf is beyond me - probably because he's not that easy to play) and Mind Control is still the single best card in the game.

Toughest matchups are Hunter heavy bow damage based decks because you can't remove them; you have to play very slowly, sacrificing your weenies by attacking to knock durability off their bows, Shrieking at every opportunity, and being careful not to get stuck in a Night Prowler beatdown. Other than that, you can faceroll most decks once you understand when to switch between attack/defense.

Don't forget that sometimes its best not to sacrifice a Mind Controlled ally, so that your opponent misses his draw step, thanks to the hilarious gamebreaking bug.

Variants: Something that I don't post about much but always do, is have a standard set of variants for most decks, based on what seems to be popular in a 'game session' and how the environment develops day to day, so here's some of that for this deck...

-1 Brutalis +1 Energy Discharge for ally heavy environments
    -1 Shard +1 Conversion for rush-aggro heavy environments
    -1/2 Brutalis +1/2 Shriek for bow heavy environments (dont care about other items)

You can go down to 2 Brutalis but no less, 10 should be your minimum creature count.
    I play something close when I play Elementalis. Shard + Mind Control is just silly. The only deck this loses to 100% of the time is a mirror match with Transference. It's just a matter of time before he gets one of your Energy Renewals and it's over (and neither of you can kill each other). It's long, it's boring and annoying. Plus you can't Mind Control mind controlled allies for some reason, so you have no choice but to let him attack you one more turn and then sacrifice.

Pólos like An. Awesome and fusão deck, maybe Ill selo my Boris and build this one. Boris is só mercês now
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CHLBRK View Post
    is it possible to destroy shards of power with my own shriek???that would be great!
    I've tried this before, and its not. Nor is it possible with Smashing Blow etc, or to remove opponent's hero effects with Healing Touch, and so on. As written they should work like that but so far the cards are binary friend or foe as far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by adriancool08 View Post
    calmdown, how come your in angry mode =p... seems like ur on the ege of quitting SE from your other posts... is it the rankin or the unbalance that buggs you the most? O_o 1.26 should not be far...
    Bad day I guess
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I Love Elementalis, im playing Gwen just to take a break from 30+ Min games with elementalis. Still my fav deck. They need to increase ability cost by 1 to make him balanced/useless lol
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis is the most competitive one, but too boring to play.