Close

View Poll Results: Should Every Card Look Amazing?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

34 48.57%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The artwork used by SE is done by so many artists of various different styles. Compare Aeon to Katrin. Compare Shadow Knight to Hellsteed. Compare Wulven Savage to Furrion Terror. So of course there will be huge staggering differences in the appearance. Not to mention each of them has a different proccess and tools of choice, so results will vary. Also if you look at the artist credits on CotC cards, many of them are done by the same few artists (Mostly Kitt Lapena), hence the mass consistency among the style.

Now I do have to agree, although Frying Pan in its entirety is a good and hilarious piece of art, it doesn't feel like it fits into the game.

As for all of the Elemental cards done by Preybird in SF I think can work as they are much like the theme Elemental cards back in CotC had. Not the exact same style, but is very reminiscent of it. I do think the Shocking Grasp, the Stardust Brothers, and Reactory are a slight cut above the others.

Now as for Viska, I personally hate it as I feel it looks quite a bit awkward. I personally might switch Pithing Spear and Viska's artwork. Maybe a slight name change is due as she wouldn't look like a "scarlet blade". A warrior more in the lines of Eriss, but more primitive in appearance IMO would of been a better fit. Always imagined Viska as a Red Sonya type of character.

As for Bloodfang, I feel it doesn't have really that "leader of a pack" feel. CotC Darkclaw also suffers from this issue too IMO, but too late for that part anyway.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 11-13-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    As for Bloodfang, I feel it doesn't have really that "leader of a pack" feel. CotC Darkclaw also suffers from this issue too IMO, but too late for that part anyway.
    Now that you mention it. Isn't Bloodfang just a beefier Darkclaw?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dark Claw is a chill kind of Leader, the prince of the pact, he isn't beefy, he isn't armored, he just lays back and calls the shots, and gifts 3 cards! Lol!
    Actually I noticed the same thing about Viska, I did expect it to be more epic and close and personal like Jasmin. Pithing Spear definitely fits the Viska card better.

Note: Actually Viskas face is the only thing that needs to be redone, not enough emotion. Looks lonely, like she's ready to fight the dust in the air lol.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 11-13-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    Prey bird you did great without a doubt here's to every other cry baby: you don't like it freaking draw your own art and submit it to Wulven if not don't complain you didn't put any effort in you have no right to hash on the artist
    No-one is "hashing on the artist". As Wulven's customers, we have every right to ask for a better quality product if it's not up to standard because at the end of the day, if we're not happy with the product we won't buy it.

Also your argument is ridiculous.
    - "You think David Beckham missed an easy goal? Why aren't YOU playing for England!"
    - "You think Hitler was a bad dictator? How about YOU try to lead post-war Germany instead of hashing on him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Everything in this world is subject to scrutinization. And as a paying customer I have every right to criticize. I'm so sick of having to inform people that this is a discussion forum and people are encouraged to voice their opinions. Using the standard "you weren't involved and you can't do better so you can't criticize" argument is pathetic and childish.
    ^ Yeah what he said.

The card art that I have problems with at the moment are:
    - Bloodfang. Griptooth looks like he would kick his ass in a fight, and Bloodfang is the leader.
    - Frying Pan. Even when zoomed out, it's still not up to Shadow Era's standards. Just my honest opinion.
    - Sindarok Apprentice. Are you kidding?? My favourite card in the whole expansion and you give it Oliver Fagin's rejected art? Save that art for a male Mage character. Sindarok Apprentice is a female Priest character. Please I beg of you, do not make me play that thing in a priest deck. For the love of all that is holy.

Seriously though he's wearing a wizard's hat. Pleeeeaase don't use it for Sindarok Apprentice.

Don't get me wrong it's good art. But it is clearly a mage. Not a female Priest apprentice or a Rogue.
    Last edited by Twio; 11-13-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lmbo!!

Yes! Please fix Syndarok!! What in the world! I mean the art isn't bad but that is one of the best cards in te game and my favorite 3 cost ally :/ It looks like a Rogue card, not a priest! His green lantern style power does not fit the common "flame" color of Arcane power.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 11-13-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    People are angry about fire pan and exaltation.. There is a simple solution... Pretend they don't exist.
    Nobody plays those cards and no body will, like many new armors.. Just pretend they don't exist.. They even doesn't deserve an art..

There is many cards in Cotc, DP and SF are designed not to be used at all, and no one ever saw them, why bother about their art.
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 11-13-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    People are angry about fire pan and exaltation.. There is a simple solution... Pretend they don't exist.
    Nobody plays those cards and no body will, like many new armors.. Just pretend they don't exist.. They even doesn't deserve an art..

There is many cards in Cotc, DP and SF are designed not to be used at all, and no one ever saw them, why bother about their art.
    Why would any card be designed not to be used?? That's poor game development. Every card should be useful in some deck, even if the combo for the deck doesn't exist yet. That's how I would make the game anyways. And I can't ignore a card if its in my opponents deck lol!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But the Pithing Spear has a spear in it. Thats not really what comes to my mind when I hear the word Blade.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Viska, The Scarlet Spear
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why does the eagle in that art have an eye on the top of its head?