Close

View Poll Results: Should Every Card Look Amazing?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

34 48.57%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shattered Fates Poor Art Quality

Please redo cards like Exaltation, reverberate, and frying pan, I'm sure there's others too. When compared to cards like Griptooth, the standard has totally dropped and shadow eras quality has been compromised! Please do not ruin this game, as I am writing this not to bash anyone but to push them to do better work and maintain Shadow Eras High Standard.

I understand you guys were pressed for art to be completed, but id rather wait 2 years for amazing art, than to get low quality art fast :/ I say low quality in comparison to the greater masterpieces in the game. I understand, not everything will be a masterpiece, but there's still art that can maintain a simple look but look like a professional created it. There's sketch work that looks amazing. Please review the art and don't mess the game up.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 11-13-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Please redo cards like Exaltation, reverberate, and frying pan, I'm sure there's others too. When compared to cards like Griptooth, the standard has totally dropped and shadow eras quality has been compromised! Please do not ruin this game, as I am writing this not to bash anyone but to push them to do better work and maintain Shadow Eras High Standard.

I understand you guys were pressed for art to be completed, but id rather wait 2 years for amazing art, than to get low quality art fast :/ I say low quality in comparison to the greater masterpieces in the game. I understand, not everything will be a masterpiece, but there's still art that can maintain a simple look but look like a professional created it. There's sketch work that looks amazing. Please review the art and don't mess the game up.
    Not every card needs to be amazing. Suggesting to take 2 years just for the art is crazy stuff.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not every card should look amazing, but you can still maintain professional work. Exaltation and Frying Pan looks like something a high school art student made---just my honest feedback.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 11-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, a year of beta waiting for art is already unacceptable. If you have something to show for then go ahead and help Wulven. Critiquing other peoples work is always easy.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2 Years was just an exaggeration really. But honestly my patience would run that deep for a good looking game. What's disappointing is we wait a year and then get poor art. Frying Pan looks like middle school art work, honestly and I say this not to insult but just to be straight up. Shawn, iv seen much better work. Guardian of Unaxio like pretty good.

Criticizing others peoples work is necessary at times. I mean really it just depends what standard you guys have. You'd never see something like that in a Magic game. I'm not trying to bash anyone, I just expected better. Shadow Eras description even promises beautiful art. I'm sure someone with an artistic sense can agree. Iv been playing the game since before Call of the Crystals, I expected the games art to be consistent or get better, not worse. Poor art is just a turn off to me. Magics art is awesome, Hearthstone is awesome. I really hope Wulven gets it together :/
    Last edited by Capo 9; 11-13-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, the art for Frying Pan is atrocious; without a doubt the ugliest piece in the bunch. Exaltation is passable...

I guess wulven was really desperate. Hopefully, they will have learnt from their mistakes in time for the next expansion.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Frying Pan was never meant to be that zoomed in, you are seeing less than 20% of the original image. If you zoom in art to such extreme levels of course it's going to be lower quality.

This is the complete image.

Also if you have some constructive feedback I'd be glad to take it on board.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Not every card should look amazing, but you can still maintain professional work. Exaltation and Frying Pan looks like something a high school art student made---just my honest feedback.
    What you think most mtg cards look like?
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That poll I made is flawed. My desire is not for every card to look amazing, but to look professional :/

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Frying Pan was never meant to be that zoomed in, you are seeing less than 20% of the original image. If you zoom in art to such extreme levels of course it's going to be lower quality.

This is the complete image.

Also if you have some constructive feedback I'd be glad to take it on board.
    Prey bird you did great without a doubt here's to every other cry baby: you don't like it freaking draw your own art and submit it to Wulven if not don't complain you didn't put any effort in you have no right to hash on the artist
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn