Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Urigons fang and defender

I have urigons fang in play, as well as a weapon, and i play gaderi: braxno citadel to give myself defender.

Opposing ally attacks me, but is hit by my hero first and becomes frozen. Frozen ally proceeds to deal damage to my hero.

It has been explained to me that this is an intended function, but it seems to be counter intuitive towards what a frozen ally should be able to do. It seems that it would make more sense if that frozen ally's attack were to be cancelled. All things considered, snow saphire works in much the same way, freezing an ally as it attacks. Of course we can't have that allys attack be cancelled from that because that would make snow saphire OP (since no ally would be able to damage the armor) and as such think the card should be re-worded to allies and heros being frozen as they LEAVE combat rather than enter. This would allow defender+urigons fang to actually become a viable thing, as well as making the mechanics more intuitive towards a frozen allies capabilities.

Suggestions aside, what is the official explanaition for this interactions ruling? Why does this make sense?
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. The official ruling is that frozen is only relevant to a would-be attacker before they try to attack, since an "attack" is what triggers combat and frozen means "can't attack" (and also "can't defend" and "can't activate abilities"). If a would-be attacker can attack then they will get to do their combat damage as the attacker within the combat phase if they are still in play at the appropriate time. That's why Snow Sapphire works how it does and why your combo isn't going to work. Sorry!

More info here:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ebook-section)