Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Design by Committee.... seriously?

I was kind of hoping to see some real, properly designed cards come out for 1.26, as well as having said cards been properly thought out in terms of balance.

I'm not sure how this game is ever going to break its cycle of OP deck > nerf > OP deck > nerf > OP deck > nerf without proper design going on. Letting a horde of people loose on some card art is fun but it's not proper design and pays no heed to the 'big picture'.

If you want to keep on with the buff > nerf cycle then this is fine (sort of) but it does mean that the game is going to continue going through bad periods where one deck just blows the rest away and people burn out and end up eternally waiting for the next patch. Also people are already fed up of buff/nerf after it happening just twice already; people were baying for my blood after just one thread that changed the game 95% for the better.

Is this just the way it's going to be for SE? Are we doomed to the mostly-mediocre card design of the masses? Are we going to continue playing an eternally unbalanced game under the guise of "its ok, its fun"? And this is before we even factor in the gamebreaking bugs, lack of proper ranking system, and technical issues.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Name : "the horde"
    cost : 5
    Stat : 2/5
    Ability : when two card are in play, attack increase + 1 and healf -1
    Flavor : "behold the horde who were baying for your blood"
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    Name : "the horde"
    cost : 5
    Stat : 2/5
    Ability : when two card are in play, attack increase + 1 and healf -1
    Flavor : "behold the horde who were baying for your blood"
    I like it :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You do not agree with how the card designs are handled yet you continue to put forth suggestions for the new cards.

If you claim to have principles, at least stick to your guns :b

You remind me of those people that kept complaining about how their government suck the big one yet do not go out to vote for change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sbxsat View Post
    You do not agree with how the card designs are handled yet you continue to put forth suggestions for the new cards.

If you claim to have principles, at least stick to your guns :b

You remind me of those people that kept complaining about how their government suck the big one yet do not go out to vote for change.
    I hardly think that I can be accused of not pressing for change, dude.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Calmdown, name ONE game where you can clearly say it's perfectly balanced. Balanced game is a mirage that no designers is ever going to reach. Close to balanced State is what's logical and to be honest the current state of Shadow Era is Close to Balanced State.

I think Shadow Era is far more balanced than a lot of PvP games. PoxNora has the best game designers in the market and they always release OverPowered runes it's ridiculous. Too many broken combos (BROKEN; i.e 100% win conditions). So, they always nerf/buff and rebalance their runes after they let the players play around with them.

While I agree that to let the community design the cards is a stupid idea but I think what they are looking for is more ideas to add to their game-design-concepts-pool. But I could be wrong.

In the end Shadow Era's current state is way better than 1.24 when Elementals were dominate. They've made perfect balancing job I am really impressed. They also do listen to us which is a good thing but it's bad if whiners affect game balance (like Sandra and HBM people complained a lot but the fact is these cards are only annoying but never OP).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    I hardly think that I can be accused of not pressing for change, dude.
    Yes you argue for change but you also followed the collective mass in helping to design the cards, an action that is contrary to what you are arguing for. It rather dilutes your argument and makes your call for change rather hollow.

That was my point

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Option 1: Kyle designs all the cards.
    Option 2: Kyle picks the best designs suggested by the players.

All other factors are the same. So don't try to complain about overpowered cards and balance, because that would happen anyway with option 1, right? The test server has been set up so we can try out all the new cards in action before the big release. And I'm counting on Calmdown's outspokenness to let me know exactly what he thinks should be changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

All other factors are the same. So don't try to complain about overpowered cards and balance, because that would happen anyway with option 1, right? The test server has been set up so we can try out all the new cards in action before the big release. And I'm counting on Calmdown's outspokenness to let me know exactly what he thinks should be changed.
    Cool. It fixed the game last time, so we should be ok then.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

You should start paying the guy or give him a job as forum moderator / game designer in the end. Calmdown's experience is valuable for the game. As are a few more guys that stick around here.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory