Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help with strategy please

Hello, I'm a fairly new player. Grinded the AI to level 12 and now sitting at 140 rating. I'm running a zaladar discard deck based on Bobwei's one.

I've had some games - most of them custom match with friends - but I find that in QM, I keep getting kicked down when I just crawled my rating back up. I feel like my playstyle is all over the place. Would someone be so kind as to review my playing and see where I messed up? I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks a bunch.

My IGN is 21Bananas, btw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, first of all, would you mind posting your deck?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck size is bigger than bobwei's I believe. You also seem to be making some early game sac/resourcing poor decisions. In one game you used T4 to drop antimatter (and could not use it, this was a big loss of tempo), in another game you did not resource from 2 resources to 3 resources meaning you were behind your opponent in resources by a turn. In that game you discarded MC with falblood (who was guaranteed to die immediately due to opponents board- and against Tala you really want to hold on to MC and falseblood with brimstone can allow you to kill stuff hiding behind the armoured stuff) when you could have simply used antimatter. You also could have used Kyrgon to boost your Herals attack (and reduce his health )in that game to get rid of curse of aldmor. The boost to the opposing fortified wisp would not have changed the fate of Krygon and would have netted you 1 more damage when MCing it later anyway.

From the two games I watched, there are just some small problems and errors that add up over time to reduce your chance at winning. Also bear in mind that some matchups for Zal can be quite difficult anyway.

In the words of 3 times SE WC winner Kenny:

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to sac'em
    Know when to throw allies away and know when to burn
    You gotta check your graveyard when you're sittin' at the "table"
    There'll no time to check it, when the game is all done

Every player knows that the secret to survivin'
    Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep
    Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser
    And the best that you can hope for is to draw what you need
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Your deck size is bigger than bobwei's I believe. You also seem to be making some early game sac/resourcing poor decisions. In one game you used T4 to drop antimatter (and could not use it, this was a big loss of tempo), in another game you did not resource from 2 resources to 3 resources meaning you were behind your opponent in resources by a turn. In that game you discarded MC with falblood (who was guaranteed to die immediately due to opponents board- and against Tala you really want to hold on to MC and falseblood with brimstone can allow you to kill stuff hiding behind the armoured stuff) when you could have simply used antimatter. You also could have used Kyrgon to boost your Herals attack (and reduce his health )in that game to get rid of curse of aldmor. The boost to the opposing fortified wisp would not have changed the fate of Krygon and would have netted you 1 more damage when MCing it later anyway.

From the two games I watched, there are just some small problems and errors that add up over time to reduce your chance at winning. Also bear in mind that some matchups for Zal can be quite difficult anyway.

In the words of 3 times SE WC winner Kenny:

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to sac'em
    Know when to throw allies away and know when to burn
    You gotta check your graveyard when you're sittin' at the "table"
    There'll no time to check it, when the game is all done

Every player knows that the secret to survivin'
    Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep
    Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser
    And the best that you can hope for is to draw what you need
    I love Kenny. When he wS still alive, he ruled SE.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for not checking in sooner.
    My decklist is the discard zaladar with teched-in item destructions and placeholder Infernal Gargoyle for the Brimstone Devourers. They're espensive :v

Thank you Fionn for the analysis! I will keep them in mind as I play. Yes, my deck size is 3 cards bigger. I did not feel safe not packing any item desc. So I packed a nexus and two placeholder shriek of vengeance. Some of their recent highlights was for sniping bazaars and Armor of Ages which won me the match.
    I believe I've improved my game now. Just won a match against Rothem :v
    Also what happened to Kenny? Shadows R Us' post seemed like something bad happened to him? :c

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was referring tongue in cheek to Kenny Rogers who sang the song I butchered there ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gambler_(song) ). I believe Shadows R Us was referring to Kenny from southpark.

Anyway, GL and have fun in your gaming mate.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"