Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Returning to SE, some questions

I haven't played for about 2 years, and generally enjoyed playing priests and warriors in the past. I love a control style, having an answer to my opponent's strategy, whatever that may be.

I understand Haste is a big thing now, and I'm looking to make a control- oriented Warrior, preferably on the Shadow side. Any recommendations for where I should start in making a deck? Does Shadow have a counter to Haste?

I found this deck intriguing:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....hlight=spartan

However, it's an old deck and not updated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just so you know, Ter Adun is still one of the weaker heroes. Vess can actually do some strong decks now that have an ally control focus. There's only a few really hard counters to haste, like traps and Braxnorian Soldier. Everything else is soft counters like life-gain, armor, haste of your own, etc.

I also really like to play control decks, and tend to focus on Rogues, hunters and priests. If you're really stuck on playing control and shadow, you may want to try this majiya deck. I found it lots of fun, despite the fact that I usually hate playing as mage. http://shadowera.net/sf-majiya-murde...avager-portal/

There are also a few interesting things happening with priests now that you may be interested including some weird Jericho attachment decks and some varied approaches to Zhanna (using haste or fatties).

As always, control requires understanding the meta, so no matter which you choose, expect to lose a lot at first, but you'll get into it eventually. Welcome back!
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the reply. I can probably get back and competitive quickly with just a few mods to my Zhanna deck from a while back, which is a variation on iClipse's winning deck.

I was reall hoping to create something of my own from scratch, but it may be wiser to just go with a deck I know and just play, get a feel for the meta and then make something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of all the control decks for warriors and priests, haste Zhanna is the strongest IMO. If you want to have some fun i love Ghostmaker Threbin utilising the Twilight tribe.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Of all the control decks for warriors and priests, haste Zhanna is the strongest IMO. If you want to have some fun i love Ghostmaker Threbin utilising the Twilight tribe.
    Thanks for replying - can you give me a quick idea of the foundation cards for haste Zhanna?

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    Thanks for replying - can you give me a quick idea of the foundation cards for haste Zhanna?
    Haste zhanna uses kristopher wild, fleet footed messenger, and viska the Scarlett blade as her key hasted allies.
    Devoted knight, tainted oracle, and Elizabeth winterborn are good secondary allies for draw and rescource acceleration.

Other key cards are tidal wave, the kings pride, focused prayer and wizents staff or glass chalice of knowing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zail's Hymn and Banish are also solid choices for targetted ally removal now, largely supplanting retreat! in newer Zhanna decks.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow doesnt really have an answer to haste though, you gotta wing it with them

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also of note, as far as Shadow decks go, 4x Rampant Krygon is pretty much an auto-include in any competitive deck. It's just that powerful of a card.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Also of note, as far as Shadow decks go, 4x Rampant Krygon is pretty much an auto-include in any competitive deck. It's just that powerful of a card.
    I don't get it. Seems like a hasted Aldon that dies more easily and costs much more (both in terms of resources and health) to get the same effect.

I understand that Shadow doesn't exactly have an Aldon but why is that an auto-include?