Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkforged Knife + Aramia (confirmed)

If I activate Aramia's ability and look at my deck and choose not to get an item clicking the "Done" button and lose the 3se should this trigger Darkforged Knife's ability?

as of now it does not trigger it, but seems like it should since it cost 3 SE to look

2.88 mac

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I've moved this to Bug Reports from Card Rulings, since I think some dialogue is required here.

1) The discard is triggered by combat damage dealt after use of SE. It's not triggered by use of SE alone, but the SE usage is a condition of it triggering off the combat damage.

2) If you did actually deal combat damage after using the SE, can you reference a replay so I can look at it, since that would be a bug.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No replay vs AI - yes dealt damage (that is a given), checked it multiple times - so I guess it's a bug, easy enough to check, it happened vs multiple Heroes so I would guess you can recreate - thx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    No replay vs AI - yes dealt damage (that is a given), checked it multiple times - so I guess it's a bug, easy enough to check, it happened vs multiple Heroes so I would guess you can recreate - thx
    Thanks. I managed to reproduce it but it's not obvious yet why it's not working.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea for sure works when she chooses an item to put in play so must be something with using the "done" button and not getting an item that somehow does not register as the ability was used. Hope you figure it out, not a lot of situations where this will happen now but in the future who knows. Good luck G ~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah, normally we'd consider Aramia not getting an item with her ability a misplay, but that actually is a strategic reason that she may intentionally use her ability and not draw an item just to trigger other items.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    yeah, normally we'd consider Aramia not getting an item with her ability a misplay, but that actually is a strategic reason that she may intentionally use her ability and not draw an item just to trigger other items.
    If there is an item in there, then she has to summon it at the moment, so it's more likely that you would simply activate her ability expecting the DK benefit on combat damage regardless of what's in your deck. No need to gamble on there being an item in there or not.

But I don't really know how this could be enforced in the physical game, so I think her wording needs to be changed before the set is locked down:

"3SE: You may put into play target item in your deck with cost 3 or less, as if summoned at no cost. Shuffle your deck."

Then the digital game needs to be changed to let you click DONE whether there are valid targets or not. This is fairly low priority but needs to be done before the set is locked down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    This is fairly low priority but needs to be done before the set is locked down.
    Absolutely, really not many cases where she will have this sort of issue but for sure good to sort out before moving on what with meltdown combo's and future sets. I think you are onto something with the wording for her too, good job - I have to say Aramia is one of the coolest Heroes that will always find new cards to interact with and nice to see a hero that strengthens the using of items in game (that are within her abilities reach) The idea she needs an ability checkup by some people is crazy, I'd take a free shuffle and peak at my deck any day and add to it the getting an item well now you're talking all goodness - cheers to the DT on this hero