Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    Hello guys,

Another big problem is that the names I play against is really repeated , I played vs alfaknightz 7 matches lol why?? 3 days 7 matches?? Boring
    I played same guy 6 times in a row, he had a deck which was a terrible match up for me and he didn't want to draw. I quit 3 matches in first turn, quite annoying.
    I am at 280 rating and got the feeling I am playing 10 people over and over again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I played same guy 6 times in a row, he had a deck which was a terrible match up for me and he didn't want to draw. I quit 3 matches in first turn, quite annoying.
    I am at 280 rating and got the feeling I am playing 10 people over and over again.
    there are two things happening here:
    1) you keep getting matched with the same person because your games are ending at the same time and you're looking for games at the same time
    2) you are being a poor sport.

1 - This can be annoying, and indeed, I have a few bad matchups and try to avoid playing the same person over and over again in those scenarios. The best way to do this is simply to wait. Take a break, watch some other games. After 2 minutes or more, try again, and you will probably get someone else. If you want to be absolutely certain, you can even try to watch your former opponent's games, and then you'll know when they're in the middle of a game, so you can go start a new one (don't wait until their game ends, or you might be matched with one of them).

2 - It is poor sportsmanship to start a game with someone, decide you'll probably lose and immediately quit. It wastes your opponent's time (since they had to go through the trouble of starting a game, waiting for players, etc.) and does nothing for them. It's fine to drop out of a game that you are losing, but wait until turn 5 or so, so they can at least get credit for the win. Cherry picking your games so that you always get good matchups is a great way to annoy other players, while also stagnating as a player. You will never learn to overcome your bad matchups, and you'll never improve your deck if you don't actually play through some losses. So you're not just annoying others, you're also hurting yourself. It's not a huge deal here, since you played the guy 3 times before doing this, but still...try the first option first.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    1) you keep getting matched with the same person because your games are ending at the same time and you're looking for games at the same time

1 - This can be annoying, and indeed, I have a few bad matchups and try to avoid playing the same person over and over again in those scenarios. The best way to do this is simply to wait. Take a break, watch some other games. After 2 minutes or more, try again, and you will probably get someone else. If you want to be absolutely certain, you can even try to watch your former opponent's games, and then you'll know when they're in the middle of a game, so you can go start a new one (don't wait until their game ends, or you might be matched with one of them).

2 - It is poor sportsmanship to start a game with someone, decide you'll probably lose and immediately quit. It wastes your opponent's time (since they had to go through the trouble of starting a game, waiting for players, etc.) and does nothing for them. It's fine to drop out of a game that you are losing, but wait until turn 5 or so, so they can at least get credit for the win. Cherry picking your games so that you always get good matchups is a great way to annoy other players, while also stagnating as a player. You will never learn to overcome your bad matchups, and you'll never improve your deck if you don't actually play through some losses. So you're not just annoying others, you're also hurting yourself. It's not a huge deal here, since you played the guy 3 times before doing this, but still...try the first option first.
    Seems a bit harsh to call him a poor sport and accuse him of cherry picking for that situation...he didn't say he leaves all bad matches but the one he kept getting... If you can't win a certain matchup there's no reason to do it over and over...
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    Seems a bit harsh to call him a poor sport and accuse him of cherry picking for that situation...he didn't say he leaves all bad matches but the one he kept getting... If you can't win a certain matchup there's no reason to do it over and over...
    yeah I tried to back off at the end, but still
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post

1. I waited after ending the game, it was just a strange match up, to get the same guy over and over again.
    2. There's a difference, I don't like to play the same guy over and over again. I always send a message and try to offer draw, even when I know I have much better deck. I play this thing for fun, playing the same person 6 times in a row is absolute opposite of fun.
    Now I played rush Zaladar and was often winning game by T4 or T5 and opponent would quit and I'd get what? Nothing at all, no exp, no gold. Not to mention those guys, who quit in T1, because they get bad starting hand, I don't do that.
    So yeah, what I'm saying, don't call me poor sport, because I quit 3 games and I told the guy game before that I simply don't want to play with him (I played 2 full games, I tried to offer him draw)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Problem of Zaladar discard build, it can look so overwhelming against many decks that the opponents think it will be unwinnable from the get go especially when they see their opening hand so they just quit right off the bat.

Not sure why I have got quite a few instant quits on my Serena too even she's far from dominating and certainly not all out aggro like the Zaladar thug.