Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queen Serene

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffordcan View Post
    Just destroyed a mage in my last game. Stole his Aeon. Got the combo for EI, Cutlass, NP & Loom. Check it out. No trouble with draw. IGN: cliffordcan
    yup just watched that one...

By the way, I also noticed you got hit by a lesser known nerf early on - poor quality on your cutlass caused you to force a discard when you attacked but not steal the card. Cutlass was changed so that it requires 4 attack, not 3 to get a steal. This doesn't come up much, but that's one of the situations.

It is a cool playstyle, much more aggressive than what I normally see from Serena. I'm thinking that with some tweaking, it could possibly give Serena some form of rush style. Cards that may help with this would be fleet footed messenger, kristoffer, aldon, backstab..
    After the WC, I'll definitely play around with it a bit (right now, I want to keep my head in my current Serena deck and not get too distracted with other stuff that works differently).
    Last edited by bobrossw; 11-10-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, that was surprising with Poor Quality. But it didn't slow me down that much. FFM could be a huge advantage to this deck with card cycling. He could make it so you get the Cutlass and Night Prowler when needed. But the deck as is works well. Someone just copied it and added AB's and Lily and Spelleaters but I'm sure that will just slow it down.

It is a cool playstyle, much more aggressive than what I normally see from Serenaicon. I'm thinking that with some tweaking, it could possibly give Serenaicon some form of rush style. Cards that may help with this would be fleet footed messenger, kristoffer, aldon, backstab..
    What would you suggest to take out to make a rush? I see to add FFM, Kris, Aldon & backstab. You get so many cards at the end that rush style can seal the fate superfast. I can take out Oliver and Skilled Ironmonger but that's all I know for sure. Any advice?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just beat Zaladiscard (or whatever they call it) even though I made a horrible mistake (I retreated a Kryogon I forgot was his back to his hand). I'm on a 4 game winning streak and won 4 in a row before that, but my iOS update erased the earlier 4. You can see in this game why Skilled Ironmonger is useful. He kept me drawing all game with his cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffordcan View Post
    Just beat Zaladiscard (or whatever they call it) even though I made a horrible mistake (I retreated a Kryogon I forgot was his back to his hand). I'm on a 4 game winning streak and won 4 in a row before that, but my iOS update erased the earlier 4. You can see in this game why Skilled Ironmonger is useful. He kept me drawing all game with his cards.
    Lyra and CoI could probably go - both are more defensive cards, I'd probably keep Ironmonger actually it's solid at all phases of the game. Zealous Mystic could also work instead of FFM, since it can do some great T4 plays combod with other allies and backstab. I'd take some cues from the Lance attachment rush decks. The problem you would run into when you try to rush without a hero that can support it (by helping clear/hold the board) is that certain decks, like Zaladar can just shut you down, no matter what kind of opening you have. I just had a game, for example, where I went first and had a Diplomat out, and the opponent played Harbinger and discarded a Brimstone Devourer. You could then come back from that and by T4, they wipe the board again with Zal's ability and a rampant Krygon.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 11-10-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -then again, you get some nice card advantage vs discard zaladar with that ellicit information...this is going to take some thought and trial and error, but I think you've got something here. Also, just watched that Zaladar game - and that's a decent opponent you beat there, which is great. Having an edge vs discard Zaladar is no small thing. I keep seeing you use Lyra, but I don't see her helping you. I think whatever you do, it may be ok to remove her. maybe even replace her with a second night prowler, and some other ally.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 11-10-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand on Lyra. Basically in the Zal match, she was the only card I could play at that point, I had nothing else to play that turn (You couldn't see my hand but I had an Oliver & Cutlass's). He had 0 Shadow Energy & I had the board but figured to take it back he would've had to use either Shadow Font, Mind Control or whatever Living Armor's new name is. He was also playing Dagger of Fate. So it was worth a gamble and he didn't have any, but if it was Living Armor or Shadow Font, it wouldn't have really helped him. I like her because she is not a game changing card but she instills fear into the enemy. Instead of my opponent thinking "What the $#!* am I going to do about that Cutlass" they are thinking "What the $#!* am I going to do about Lyra" when I drop her & it doesn't always work, but when it does it really throws them off.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But I do like your idea of a rush, so I will try:

-2 Lyra
    -2 Oliver
    -2 CoI
    -2 Princess
    -1 Assassination

+4 FFM
    +4 Kris
    +2 Aldon
    +4 Backstab