3x Destroy Arms
    4x Plague
    3x Curse
    2x Retreat!

4x Cobra Skin Wraps
    4x Wizent's Staff

I'll update when I get more results.
    Sorry for being the first one to go off topic here. LOL

Ok I just played against a Jericho deck with similar build. I usually main Majiya but was messing around with a Gwen deck. He/ SHE went first and cast cobra skin wraps on 4th turn. then proceed to cast plague. The wizent staff gave he great draw advantage and I guess it was fairly easily to get all the cards he needed in his hands.
    The only think I manage to do was cast 4 death traps which kindof delay my death quite a bit. He repeated the skincobra and plaque and stopped me from casting soul seeker. He use destroy arms on my beetle bow and delayed me from heaving 5 resources to cast soul seeker. Finally on the 8th turn or something, BAM a aeon, then next turn, 3 weenies, and then kings f--king pride.

I kept playing just to check out all the cards he put in the deck.

Situation was already hopeless in turn 4 & 5 ....

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well I hope all classes gain access to item destruction in the next update *crosses fingers* because some having it while others don't just isn't fair.

This deck type is murderous when it goes first (assuming the Priest player doesn't get a bad draw). Resource destruction when you're not prepared for it is very, very difficult to get out of. There are a lot of people using much higher cost cards now that Sandra and HBM are weaker, so it's a contingency people don't encounter much. Personally, I don't think that the concept of a lone hero (Wulven, Hunters, Mages) works very well thematically with the game. If it's one hero versus another, the one with help should win! With the new cards coming out, I hope we see some more allies and effects that will make for allies who support your hero, as opposed to now where your hero supports your allies. In fact, I might just start a thread on this concept. Thanks for getting my thoughts moving v^.^
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    Well I hope all classes gain access to item destruction in the next update *crosses fingers* because some having it while others don't just isn't fair.

This deck type is murderous when it goes first (assuming the Priest player doesn't get a bad draw). Resource destruction when you're not prepared for it is very, very difficult to get out of. There are a lot of people using much higher cost cards now that Sandra and HBM are weaker, so it's a contingency people don't encounter much. Personally, I don't think that the concept of a lone hero (Wulven, Hunters, Mages) works very well thematically with the game. If it's one hero versus another, the one with help should win! With the new cards coming out, I hope we see some more allies and effects that will make for allies who support your hero, as opposed to now where your hero supports your allies. In fact, I might just start a thread on this concept. Thanks for getting my thoughts moving v^.^
    That's the problem I have with Plague decks. If you go first, you will likely walk over your opponent. If you go second, Cobra Skin and Plague are dead cards unless you can get board control, which is never a given, especially considering that you have eight dead cards in your deck.

Armageddon was good in M:TG partly because your cheap weenies couldn't be targeted by an attack and you also had access to 1 casting cost Swords to Plowshares to get board control early if needed. Those same conditions don't yet exist in Shadow Era.

Your most recent deck doesn't look too bad. It's somewhat flexible if you go second. I would cut the Cobra Skin Wraps in favor of 3 Ravens and 1 more Tidal Wave. This way you only have 4 dead cards when you're on the draw and those can be resourced. When you're on the play, you can resource the Ravens and Wave and go for the Plague lock down.

I personally haven't tried a deck with this kind of duality, but would be curious to see your results with it.
    Last edited by Kadun; 04-21-2011 at 08:09 PM.