Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Manga / Comic Crossover

In case any of you haven't heard, Marvel is doing a crossover with Attack on Titan! Its exciting news not just because I love Attack on Titan, but because I have never heard of anything like that happening before and it seems like it could be interesting. Its a brilliant play, because it could potentially get more people into "comics". Personally, I have never been into them. They seemed a little too boring for me, for some reason. But I have been into Manga for a long time now.

For those of you who dont know what Attack on Titan is, in a nutshell: Its about a world where countless mindless Giants eat nothing but humans. And because of it, the world's population has allegedly decreased to only about 1000 people or so, and the only thing that protects them from these "Titans" are some huge walls and the military--of which, the former occasionally gets destroyed and the latter frequently gets killed. The main characters struggle for survival and are basically tasked with the preservation of the entire human race, while questioning the intentions (and involvement) of their government. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan

For those of you that dont know what Marvel is, please remove yourself from the rock that you must live under. (just kidding but not really).

My questions for you guys:

What are some Ideas on how you think Marvel will accomplish this, as far as the plot goes? (Based on the teaser image, it looks like Spiderman will mostly be involved, which makes sense)

Maybe Loki finds his way to the AoT universe and decides to bring some titans back to unleash mayhem on New York? (Boy, the Hulk would have his hands full).

Which superheroes do you think would get eaten for sure? (Marvel heroes only)

Who stands the best chance against the titans? (Spider-Man would do well, since the military uses an apparatus that can be comparable to Spideys web slinging, but I think he'd eventually get eaten, lol. Wolverine would do well though. But I guess most of them would do wel.. because they're super after all)

Does anybody know of something like this happening before? (a manga/comic crossover?)

And for anyone that is familiar with both comics and mangas, what comics would you recommend to someone that typically reads Manga?

Sources:
    http://media.goboiano.com/news/2118-...-marvel-comics
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56813
    Last edited by Kross; 11-05-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thor would probably fair pretty well.

I would also say Wolverine too due to his healing factor being able to heal up quickly any wounds he sustains while fighting them.

I know this is a villain, but Magneto. Just give him a giant piece of metal and he can just guide it to the back of their necks and kill them. And can do this from afar too.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Thor would probably fair pretty well.

I would also say Wolverine too due to his healing factor being able to heal up quickly any wounds he sustains while fighting them.

I know this is a villain, but Magneto. Just give him a giant piece of metal and he can just guide it to the back of their necks and kill them. And can do this from afar too.
    Indeed.. Attack on Titan seems a bit too gory for Marvel though doesnt it??? AoT literally shows people getting chewed up, so Im curious to see how Marvel handles it..

I'm not too familiar with the comics though, so maybe this has been done already, but I've always thought American censorship was more strict than Japan's.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Levi is gonna make the heroes look like crap!!!
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Levi certainly is NO joke.. especially after what I've seen him do against HUMANS, not just Titans!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So many Marvel heroes would wreck the titans. Give Captain America one of the VMEs and hed rip up with his shield throw.

Not to mention the Titans wouldnt have a hope against some of the more powerful entities like the Silver Surfer.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    So many Marvel heroes would wreck the titans. Give Captain America one of the VMEs and hed rip up with his shield throw.

Not to mention the Titans wouldnt have a hope against some of the more powerful entities like the Silver Surfer.
    Very true! Most of them would.. Which makes me wonder what Marvel is planning on doing to actually make it interesting, or at least a fair fight somewhat. And would they just do one issue, or put together a little mini series???

Not sure if Marvel has done anything like this in the past

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no idea how they will make this work and have any logic to it. Except aero acrobatics two franchises have nothing in common.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I have no idea how they will make this work and have any logic to it. Except aero acrobatics two franchises have nothing in common.
    Exactly what I was thinking... If they are gonna do it though, I hope they actually put real effort into making it entertaining

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Levi certainly is NO joke.. especially after what I've seen him do against HUMANS, not just Titans!
    I agree and beating the shit out of Erin shows how much he doesn't care for what he thinks is the enemies life he completes a mission when told too
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn