Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unused Shadow Era Art???

Hello,

Question for the DT and Kyle.

So I happened to stumble upon a web page where a fantasy art company, that apparently did some early work for Shadow Era, posted some illustrations that they did for the game. I can definitely see some familiar ones, but I am also noticing some that I have never seen before.

My question is: Will we possibly see some of these arts in the future? (in other words, does shadow era still have the rights to these arts)
    And also, are there any other original arts that have been "in the vault"--so to speak--that Kyle may be willing to share with the community; perhaps as well as some perspective on why the art didn't make it passed the finish line, etc.

I know you guys are super busy with finishing up Shattered Fates and all, but I just thought it would be pretty interesting to hear more about this topic.

Here's the page I mentioned: http://fantasyinspiration.com/inspir...g-loztvampir3/

Thanks

edit: sorry, some of my info is wrong. The site I found this on is a site where anyone can post their work, I guess. The art on the page provided is done by one individual, not a collective entity. I went to this person's deviant art page and I am seeing that some of the art I was referring to says that copyrights belong to some other random company. Which most likely means that Wulven must have turned the other arts down, (didn't purchase them). I guess...

So I suppose the question still applies. Just looking for insight on this, if any can be provided. Pure curiosity, nothing more.
    Last edited by Kross; 11-03-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im curious too, as a couple of pieces i provided havent seen the light of day yet (including the first piece of mine that was spoiled on FB).
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I assume they are busy. Haven't heard back about using my art either - Dagger of Fate, which is my avatar. I'm sure they have a process and might have other things going on that are more important other than art.
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    DMT just got a whole lot cooler

Loving "rage of the death knight" and "babe warrior" isn't too hard on the eyes either!
    Last edited by Heidrek Rampant; 11-04-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes me sad that wulven couldn't get this artist to do all or most of the SE art work as these pieces are miles above anything ive seen for the SF expansion.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Makes me sad that wulven couldn't get this artist to do all or most of the SE art work as these pieces are miles above anything ive seen for the SF expansion.
    Agreed, the COTC art like this was excellent quality.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Indeed.. It was art like this that got a lot of people to start playing Shadow Era, IMO. It certainly is what got me to play. Sure, the game was something new to me and different than I was used to.. It clearly shouted "indie", yet the look and feel of the cards had a level of quality that spoke to me. The art made me think, "okay these guys are serious. I should give this a try because this could be big..."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love that art. Probably the coolest one. In fact, he needs to be a legendary shadow hero
    Proud Member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!
    IGN: TJ KarnivX

My Deviant Art