Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Urigon and Earthen Protector

I just watched a game where someone played both of these cards, which got me thinking. What happens when Urigon dies while Earthen Protector is out? Both cards trigger when an ally is killed, which makes me think that the important factor would be which ally was cast first.

I would also assume that if an ablaze Urigon is killed while Protector is out, Protector would die, the Urigon then comes into play buffed and not ablaze...is this correct? Hopefully the actual game works this way too...in the game I watched the protector got killed first, so it wasn't an issue.

So to sum up - what happens when Urigon dies when it isn't ablaze with protector out? And what if it is ablaze?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

Indeed, we would use the standard resolution order (SRO) to determine the order these effects resolve in. Assuming you summoned Phoenix Urigon first and Earthen Protector second, then the Phoenix's ability would trigger and resolve before the Protector's causing it to return to play set ablaze. If Protector was played first, then the Urigon will be returned to play with a +2/+2 buff and not be ablaze.

If an Ablazed Phoenix Urigon is killed while Earthen Protector is in play, the Protector will return it to play with a +2/+@ buff and it will not be ablaze. A nifty trick really!

Hope that helps!
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101