Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Legendary hero suggestion for future expansions

Legendary Hero

Etna, Sorceress of Endia

dark_elf_mage___concept_2_by_arsinoes-d507sd8.jpg

Human Hero - Mage

5 SE: All opposing allies take 2 unpreventable damage. If any opposing allies are killed by this effect, target ability is destroyed.
    IGN: AP Scizzor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems very weak to me to be honest mate, although I like the Endia theme. We already have a legendary mage though so I'm not sure if they would go for a second one.

If I were to add a new legendary it would be a cross faction class hero i.e. Shadow rogue, Shadow Priest or "Human" elemental. Don't think Wulven could fly. That would then open up a ton of different options (and need an awful lot of thought into the balance issues) and they ideally would all have truly unique abilities.

Shadow Rogue: Anarchis Venomblade- 4SE all abilities used this turn cost 2 less resources. (to encourage assassination, backstabbing, and poisonous concoctions for this naughty fellow).
    Shadow Priest: Gerric the Whisperer- Costs all current SE- Opposing ally with cost less than your current SE comes under your control and is exhausted. Obviously useless against solo decks, but would be very tricky to play around this priest with allied decks.
    Human Elemental: 3SE- target friendly ally is given damage reduction 2 (non cumulative). Or 3SE- Target card in your/any? graveyard is returned/placed to/in your hand- I prefer the latter, ability gives no board advantage but means you can always draw an answer if you have already used the card, sort of an anti-praxis as well as anti millstalker. Would infinite MC/Feedback and the ability to always get back your draw engine be enough? They would also suffer the loss of cultist for discard mechanic.

Regardless of the ability allowing the factions to play with cards normally barred to them would make the heroes very interesting.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Seems very weak to me to be honest mate, although I like the Endia theme. We already have a legendary mage though so I'm not sure if they would go for a second one.

If I were to add a new legendary it would be a cross faction class hero i.e. Shadow rogue, Shadow Priest or "Human" elemental. Don't think Wulven could fly. That would then open up a ton of different options (and need an awful lot of thought into the balance issues) and they ideally would all have truly unique abilities.

Shadow Rogue: Anarchis Venomblade- 4SE all abilities used this turn cost 2 less resources. (to encourage assassination, backstabbing, and poisonous concoctions for this naughty fellow).
    Shadow Priest: Gerric the Whisperer- Costs all current SE- Opposing ally with cost less than your current SE comes under your control and is exhausted. Obviously useless against solo decks, but would be very tricky to play around this priest with allied decks.
    Human Elemental: 3SE- target friendly ally is given damage reduction 2 (non cumulative). Or 3SE- Target card in your/any? graveyard is returned/placed to/in your hand- I prefer the latter, ability gives no board advantage but means you can always draw an answer if you have already used the card, sort of an anti-praxis as well as anti millstalker. Would infinite MC/Feedback and the ability to always get back your draw engine be enough? They would also suffer the loss of cultist for discard mechanic.

Regardless of the ability allowing the factions to play with cards normally barred to them would make the heroes very interesting.
    I like your rogue idea, but I think it'd work better if it was cheaper (like 2SE) and only applied to the next ability played. Maybe make it like wily smuggler but with abilities, so you can renew resources if you played an ability that turn. Rogues need consistent utility from abilities, not bursts.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post

Love the Shadow Priest ability!
    Second elemental ability is cool too.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzor View Post
    Legendary Hero

Etna, Sorceress of Endia

dark_elf_mage___concept_2_by_arsinoes-d507sd8.jpg

Human Hero - Mage

5 SE: All opposing allies take 2 unpreventable damage. If any opposing allies are killed by this effect, target ability is destroyed.
    Hahaha i have the same pic in a Shadow Mage Hero unreleased from my project xD

Nice idea here some suggestions.
    Feedback: Like Gondorian said me once, should be nice if your text is done thinking in the "real Shadow era" behavior. i mean, IF something is killed, we actually dont have in the program a Freeze-resolution stage for interrupt the effect and choise targets. Maybe change it for "His controller sacrifice a random ability?
    And i think 5 SE Is too much for this ability. Maybe if destroy items or Abilities can cost 5, but is too similar to Nishaven Style i think.

EDIT: And pls guys! use the Card Suggestions Section for this threads
    Last edited by Arcanes; 10-30-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like having a few classes that are only human only shadow. I would like to class and faction cards. I.e shadow warrior only. That would also buff Logan. And make gameplay more diverse.
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?