Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriah View Post
    I agree, GenCon was great! It lets us connect with a very targeted audience; gamers, game stores, and media/bloggers/YouTubers. And it was especially nice to connect to many of our casual players who aren't on the forums or joining tournaments but love the game. People were very proud to come talk to us about how long they have been playing, or showing us their deck on their phone.

Here's Alan who Beta tested the first set and brought his group of friends to our booth to tell them more about it:

I agrre; with WoW and Kaijudo dead, it does make players and stores a bit hesitant. But on the flip side, many of those looking to pick up a new game have found Shadow Era. And on the digital side, games like Hearthstone has brought a lot of new players to try out this genre that might have not otherwise.
    Stop increasing my desire to buy plane tickets to America!
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Queen of Balor
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Stop increasing my desire to buy plane tickets to America!
    GenCon is 271days away. Time to start saving up!!
    http://www.gencon.com/

To temp you further:
    Day 1 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 2 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 3 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 4 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3

[IMGl]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10492183_433762553430593_2247003032743260270_n.jpg ?oh=76bbe07b7aa9840f640a7232ee03de0f&oe=54EEDC89[/IMG]

Alyana has done a lot of our Twilight art and had exclusive prints and playmats:

Jared, the creator of the Balor map was also there:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriah View Post
    GenCon is 271days away. Time to start saving up!!
    http://www.gencon.com/

To temp you further:
    Day 1 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 2 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 3 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3
    Day 4 album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7405922&type=3

[IMGl]https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10492183_433762553430593_2247003032743260270_n.jpg ?oh=76bbe07b7aa9840f640a7232ee03de0f&oe=54EEDC89[/IMG]

Alyana has done a lot of our Twilight art and had exclusive prints and playmats:

Jared, the creator of the Balor map was also there:
    Gah! Maybe I'll ask my parents for an America holiday this year
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So would it be safe to say that GenCon could essentially become the World Championship playing ground for the physical game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The physical game is definitely growing. Some stores have weekly events for the game now and Dark Prophecies is available to buy without requiring a pre-order from more than a year ago.
    Is it actually shipping though? Because not a few weeks ago we were still getting the "our DP boxes for the US are still stuck on their way from our previous EU distributor" spiel.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makizushi View Post
    Is it actually shipping though? Because not a few weeks ago we were still getting the "our DP boxes for the US are still stuck on their way from our previous EU distributor" spiel.
    I think that was about two months ago that someone said that. Anything more recent was likely a quote from that. The Halloween sale thread specifically said they had DP in stock. Are you looking to buy or are you waiting on an order to ship?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my personal case: neither, as I have oodles of cards but nobody to play with. I'm trying to piece together the current status, based on your input and on recent threads. Thanks for the quick feedback!

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dying.
    Just cause it was at some convention doesn't mean the rest of the world still doesn't know...or care...about this game.

Is it successful at a few shops here and there? Sure...maybe. But that doesn't mean much IMHO.

The same few people have been going on and on about how this game isn't dying for several years now.
    Where's your proof? Where's the big growth? Why hasn't the rest of the country/world caught on?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think its more in a state of limbo, not really doing much because, no offence Wulvin but your not really doing much, the game has potential sure, its got decent mechanics and as more expansions have been released the game has becomes much better honestly, there has been much more viable play strategies making it more enjoyable. Now the problem is, we are getting an expansion once every... year an a half? 2 years? if the game isn’t continually developed and expanded upon eventually it will become stagnant.

I originally helped with their first kick start throwing in $100, I received my physical cards and.. well. that was it, had no1 to play with really, as the game started to hit the market I had hoped I would. but at last, it didn't. so I played the Digital version enjoying my extra SC and having every card, but after playing pretty heavily for a while every game started to become... well the same, I only had so many decks I liked played and after a while I played vs pretty much every deck with every deck and it got repetitive. so i put the game down for a while

now the first expansion... ehhh i really felt like it didn’t add much to the game, DP added a few new card and made some little changes but didn’t do enough to improve the game, so after paly for a little bit i put the game back down.

later on the second expansion, Shattered fate, this expansion is exactly what the game need! added new hero’s more use of allies race/class and some more interesting mechanics! started playing and i was hooked again! so i dug into my deep SC pockets from the first kick start and bought many many many boosters, thus completing my collection again having essentially every card. now I’ve been playing SF for I’ll say a good 6 months or so (all the time its still in beta) and the games starting to lose its luster again, I’ve made some crazy fun decks some serious decks and even did a week of melt down (finish 24th ) I’m still playing randomly but can already feel I’ll put the game down again sooner rather then later and its about time for the game to get a fresh infusion of new cards... the only problem is SF is still in beta and I cant imagine the next expansion will be out till 2016? sometime.

anyhow so i guess the short end of it is I think they need to concentrate on developing the game more, as it would help keep the game fresh, look at MTG they release an expansion every quarter, The physical card game market is very difficult to get into, perhaps Shadow Era should concentrate a little more on the Digital/Development side, and not worry about the physical as much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fakie55555 View Post
    I think its more in a state of limbo, not really doing much because, no offence Wulvin but your not really doing much, the game has potential sure, its got decent mechanics and as more expansions have been released the game has becomes much better honestly, there has been much more viable play strategies making it more enjoyable. Now the problem is, we are getting an expansion once every... year an a half? 2 years? if the game isn’t continually developed and expanded upon eventually it will become stagnant.

I originally helped with their first kick start throwing in $100, I received my physical cards and.. well. that was it, had no1 to play with really, as the game started to hit the market I had hoped I would. but at last, it didn't. so I played the Digital version enjoying my extra SC and having every card, but after playing pretty heavily for a while every game started to become... well the same, I only had so many decks I liked played and after a while I played vs pretty much every deck with every deck and it got repetitive. so i put the game down for a while

now the first expansion... ehhh i really felt like it didn’t add much to the game, DP added a few new card and made some little changes but didn’t do enough to improve the game, so after paly for a little bit i put the game back down.

later on the second expansion, Shattered fate, this expansion is exactly what the game need! added new hero’s more use of allies race/class and some more interesting mechanics! started playing and i was hooked again! so i dug into my deep SC pockets from the first kick start and bought many many many boosters, thus completing my collection again having essentially every card. now I’ve been playing SF for I’ll say a good 6 months or so (all the time its still in beta) and the games starting to lose its luster again, I’ve made some crazy fun decks some serious decks and even did a week of melt down (finish 24th ) I’m still playing randomly but can already feel I’ll put the game down again sooner rather then later and its about time for the game to get a fresh infusion of new cards... the only problem is SF is still in beta and I cant imagine the next expansion will be out till 2016? sometime.

anyhow so i guess the short end of it is I think they need to concentrate on developing the game more, as it would help keep the game fresh, look at MTG they release an expansion every quarter, The physical card game market is very difficult to get into, perhaps Shadow Era should concentrate a little more on the Digital/Development side, and not worry about the physical as much.
    This guy just said everything I wanted to. I agree with every single word he typed, and my situation is the same as him (down to also throwing about $100 at the first KS. Skipped the KS for the physical cards and I think I backed the 3rd KS, if there was a 3rd KS). I stopped playing SE LONG ago, when other more innovative games started appearing, with less delay between expansions (albeit smaller expansions) and devs that actively listen to their playerbase. Right now, I am enjoying Infinity Wars, Solforge, Card Hunter and War of Omens (with the occasional game of Scrolls, Star Realms and Hex) - all games by indie studios with budgets and staff sizes comparable to Wulven's. Apart from Hex, I have invested money into all these titles (mostly IW and SF) to support the devs, just like I once trusted Wulven with SE. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if Kyle & Co. don't buck up, it's goodbye forever, SE.
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.