Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorFolklore View Post
    This guy just said everything I wanted to. I agree with every single word he typed, and my situation is the same as him (down to also throwing about $100 at the first KS. Skipped the KS for the physical cards and I think I backed the 3rd KS, if there was a 3rd KS). I stopped playing SE LONG ago, when other more innovative games started appearing, with less delay between expansions (albeit smaller expansions) and devs that actively listen to their playerbase. Right now, I am enjoying Infinity Wars, Solforge, Card Hunter and War of Omens (with the occasional game of Scrolls, Star Realms and Hex) - all games by indie studios with budgets and staff sizes comparable to Wulven's. Apart from Hex, I have invested money into all these titles (mostly IW and SF) to support the devs, just like I once trusted Wulven with SE. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if Kyle & Co. don't buck up, it's goodbye forever, SE.
    Nutshells. The Magic 2015 and HS are also fun games by big developers and Scrolls is pretty awesome but physical card games that have a paragraph for each card.... eh... unless its yugioh then its pretty crappy imo. The digital game would always be its strongest point.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that the game went spiraling down when it became to obsess with the physical game cards. I've been playing SE since its beginnings and the first two expansions were smoothly handled because the developers where only concerned with a fun but still complex digital game card. Then they started to print the physical game cards and it was okay at first, but then on the 3rd expansion, they so became obsessed in considering the printing of the physical cards that they kinda lost their track on just making a fun and well balanced digital card game, hence the errata and the never ending beta. I'm still enjoying the game every once in a while, but I think Wulven should really pick up themselves before its too late. You know you could always ban some cards if they were really exploited by the meta instead of the never ending beta.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dying. As it will, until it honors KS commitments and improves the timeliness of its expansions while keeping art quality high (and avoiding poor quality art that disproportionately diminishes an entire board of otherwise good-quality art if present).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperBoy View Post
    I agree that the game went spiraling down when it became to obsess with the physical game cards. I've been playing SE since its beginnings and the first two expansions were smoothly handled because the developers where only concerned with a fun but still complex digital game card. Then they started to print the physical game cards and it was okay at first, but then on the 3rd expansion, they so became obsessed in considering the printing of the physical cards that they kinda lost their track on just making a fun and well balanced digital card game, hence the errata and the never ending beta. I'm still enjoying the game every once in a while, but I think Wulven should really pick up themselves before its too late. You know you could always ban some cards if they were really exploited by the meta instead of the never ending beta.
    I'm not sure it matters in the end, but I believe the time to code the new changes (including at least some unseen kickstarter functionality) and the prioress of finding or paying art that goes with the card is what is slowing it down. I too wish that progress was faster, but I don't think removing a revenue source, physical cards, is going to get that done.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As long as Kyle is around, SE will be growing, painfully slowly, but still growing.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperBoy View Post
    I appreciate everyone can have their own perception, and it's interesting to hear yours as a valued customer, but I'd like to clarify something:

We continue to balance SF only because we can, whilst waiting for the artwork that is required to be able to consider SF complete and out of beta.

Meanwhile, we work on set 4 in the background, including art direction and concept art to help us ensure art arrives in a timely fashion for that set!

To refer to original question: the game is very much alive and getting better and better all the time and the player base is growing. There will always be some churn of players, but new players discovering SE continue to love it which is a good sign and something we can capitalize on when 3.0 hits and we invest in marketing it.

Thanks for reading.