Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisps 3.0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    16-6 since I hit 250.

Kinda bad but I'm slowly learning to play the deck and most of my losses came straight after getting to 250.

Still running the same list. Can't figure what to take out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently hovering around ~280. Let's just say that I'm not happy about that. Not at all. I'm still playing unbelievably bad (I think that 280 is a fairly generous rating for my level of play) and the deck probably isn't the best it could be either.

Updated the decklist in the OP. Need to figure something against Zaladar. The matchup isn't terrible per say but I think my deck is just a bit slow with damage.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-29-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Decklist updated.

I broke 300 with this deck while playing, then decided to play a real deck in the Regionals, then took a break (still am) from the game because I hated life while playing the Victor deck I decided to take to Regionals (even though it's close to the best Victor list in the current format, it just wasn't fun to play) and then I decided to update this list.

It probably could still be better but that's what I've come up with for now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried this strategy. The wisps are UNSTOPPABLE!
    I have put Stoneskin in my deck and find it useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about Road Less Traveled? It helps to remove attachments, gives you 2 cards in your hand, plus it can bring back Seductress to be played again, disabling another ally if needed. It's not impossible later in the game to have 6 resources, for you, or your opponent. Plus the extra two cards in your hand can give you a Buccaneer to drop for AF, and that way you can also trigger DoF. Stoneskin sounds good too... Maybe remove some of the burn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having Amulet of Conjuring means that Road Less Traveled basically takes our whole turn which is not really what we want to be doing. It can work with Abomination Factory and Buccaneer but it would make the deck slightly more inconsistent. A Legend Rises is the attachment hoser and how many we want depends on what we are playing against the most.

I have as much burn as I have because it helps end the game with Dagger of Fate and Amulet of Conjuring. There are games where your board only deals like ~10-20 damage and it's fairly easy to Dagger/Burn the rest when you draw 3 every 1-2 turns. If there's too much burn, Nova has to go first but I think it's a fine card in this deck.

You could definitely go for a more all-in route and play Birgitte/Fatebreaker/Buccaneer/Wisp/maybe something else as your ally base and Stoneskin and friends to get things out of the way. I played that type of list for a while after the Wisp nerf (I'm still mad about that, by the way) but the nerf hurt that list too much in my opinion.
    Last edited by Airact; 12-20-2014 at 02:53 AM.