Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisps 3.0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wisps 3.0

A build I theorycrafted a while ago. I decided to climb the ladder again to a half decent rating so I could start practicing and I tuned this list in the process. Not enough games played yet to tell how good the deck is (hint: it's probably not good) but meh, it's fun to play.

Aramia

3 Layarian Seductress
    4 Aetherborn Wisp
    4 Tenacious Buccaneer
    4 Cinderborn Fatebreaker

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Supernova
    2 Consuming Fear
    1 A Legend Rises
    3 Glimmer of Hope

2 Abomination Factory
    2 Dagger of Fate
    4 Amulet of Conjuring

Total 40

I don't really know what to say about piloting the deck. The deck can run on 4 resources through the game but going to 5 and even 6 is fine (go to 6, cast two spells, Amulet back to 5) if you need to go there.

As always, suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Airact; 11-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seductress over Birgitte?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes. I'm not 100% sure about the change but Seductress does a lot of work. Birgitte didn't really allow me to use Lightning Strike because she didn't deal damage. I also figured that I have a lot of openings where I don't need a 0/2 Protector and at the same time I still need a decent amount of cards to play in case the Wisp gets dealt with.

In that sense this deck is less reliant on the Wisp than the previous ones. Also the buff to Fatebreak Familiar allows me to play around some removal (also Blood Frenzy) without the help of an 0/2 Protector.

Basically Seductress makes the deck work better without the Wisp and in case the Wisp plan isn't the best plan. The deck still has little to no late-game but now it has more lines of play.

Birgitte is also bad against really aggressive decks like Twilight builds and such.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-27-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are some pretty competitive aramia wisp decks, I think it helps to have more items to choose from: shock conductor is very strong vs rogues (since our opening allies can ruin your rush). Crystal shards can give you some nice draw and power your weapon/armor. More daggers may also be good. As it stands it seems like an all-or-nothing sort of deck, which makes me curious about the consuming fears / transmog curse. I'm not an aramia player, so I could be wrong, but if your entire strategy is based on a rush working, then your mid-late game strategy should probably be straight deathrace (i.e. supernova).
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with more items is that you can draw them and you don't want to draw them like ever. I'm not using my hero ability enough to be able to play more items in the deck. Most of them make like no sense in the deck anyway.

The deck operates as a Tempo deck. Deathrace doesn't work that well because I would need my opponent to be on a lower life total when I start doing that so I built the deck in a way that I can actually play the game going 2nd. A 4/6 + a 3/3 isn't a bad t3 play when going 2nd and even if I have to do the Removal into removal into removal plan when going 2nd, I can still get into a good position on 5 resources.

The plan is to do more things early-game and hope that works out in the end.

Most of the decks I played against were really bad so I don't know how the deck is. Most of the games it won went on for a decent amount. I have managed to empty my deck multiple times so I wouldn't qualify it as a rush deck per say. I have also managed to get out of bad board positions, mostly with Seductress shenanigans. But again, it's definitely not a tier 1 deck.

I would probably run Novas if I had space for any (like 1-2 maybe because there are definitely cases for it) but what do I take out? As for items: I don't think it's possible to run more items in the deck. I'm using the hero ability like once a game so having more fetchable items makes the deck less consistent.

Keep them coming. If nothing else, it makes me think of hopefully good reasons as to why I didn't include the said cards in the deck. As for Supernova, that was: "Supernova kills my own guys and I need guys to deal enough damage for me to be able to burn the last points" and to play into that I decided on the good old fetch Abomination Factory for a 0cc 3/3 + a Wisp buff.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-27-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've always though tok worked better than amulet with aramia.

Also shock conductor can be an emulated brimstone for the humans. It does less direct (1 use) damage but more over the long haul.

Also Urigons fang could be an interesting SE dump
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    I've always though tok worked better than amulet with aramia.

Also shock conductor can be an emulated brimstone for the humans. It does less direct (1 use) damage but more over the long haul.

Also Urigons fang could be an interesting SE dump
    The problem I had with ToK was that I would need to sac in order to draw and play the cards I draw but I can't sac because I need the cards I draw. So, I just play Amulet, use a resource I don't really use otherwise (SE) and get way more out of it. At least that's my reasoning for that, I don't know how right it is. The deck does have Amulet and Transmogrification Curse as things that take SE so I don't think I need more.

The only decks that have given me some real trouble are mostly good Priest builds. It's really tough to play against Hymn and Tidal Wave when I don't have a 2-drop which is a significant amount of time. Other than that it's been not that bad. Lost to an Amber but that game I stumbled and had to play a bit slow against the standard Amber shenanigans so what can you really do. Could have something against weapons/armor but Mages don't really have much so right now I'm just dealing with it. It would only make the deck stumble more (which ALR has already done and I think that's a necessary card in the deck).

Haven't met a tier 1 Zaladar yet, though. I would say it's kind of similar to Banebow which can go both ways so I don't think it's that bad.

Kinda sad that I have to play an actual tier 1 deck for Regionals, though. Figuring this deck out for multiple iterations has been the most fun I have had with the game in quite a bit.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-28-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wisps 3.0

How about ubond? I use it shadow to recycle brimstone/runt. Humans can recycle buccaneer so it's not too much tempo loss and you get allies which is what you want

I would also agree that homunculus is the most fun I've had with the game
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    How about ubond? I use it shadow to recycle brimstone/runt. Humans can recycle buccaneer so it's not too much tempo loss and you get allies which is what you want

I would also agree that homunculus is the most fun I've had with the game
    Definitely something to think about.

There's also the 3 Amulet vs 1 Tome, 2 Amulet I'm thinking about right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    The problem I had with ToK was that I would need to sac in order to draw and play the cards I draw but I can't sac because I need the cards I draw. So, I just play Amulet, use a resource I don't really use otherwise (SE) and get way more out of it. At least that's my reasoning for that, I don't know how right it is. The deck does have Amulet and Transmogrification Curse as things that take SE so I don't think I need more.

I'm with you here. ToK is anti-tempo, and doesn't really start to pay off until mid-late game. Amulet pays off immediately and only sets you behind in the late game (at which point you'll have decked yourself anyway with this deck).
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!