Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by d31m View Post
    I have the feeling that the weapons and armour are dead weight in this deck. If you're happy with the size of the deck, I'd think about replacing them with 4x Rampant Krygon and 2x Mimic.

Darkforged Knife will likely only hit once for its effect before your opponent counter attacks and destroys it, so you've milled two extra cards. The 2 extra Mimics will allow you to to fish for Reverberate and potentially mill six. Mimic is so important in a deck like this.

The damage that Shock Conductor is doing can be supplied by Kyrgon's hatse attack. Krygon's special ability bypasses the Wisp's damage reduction and would help against Stoneskin, providing some kind of synergy with Wave Collapse (though probably over 2 turns). At worst, they would be discarded by Praxix's ability to provide extra damage and additional bodies in the Graveyard for Soul Reaper.

I think these changes would provide a similar yield/effect, and more flexibility. Either way I don't think I'd touch the Shadow Font's. You could probably lose the Ley Line Nexus, but with only 1 CC difference between The Harder They Fall and Mind Control I'd be running MC, as they will remove the problem ally while lowering durability of equipment, and aren't contingent on you having an ally in play.

Good luck with the deck
    Rampant Krygon. Yes! I didn't even think about his ability popping Stoneskin. Thanks.

Mimic is important. Able to target Reverberate, Soul Reaper or any other 3cc ability that is is your opponents grave. Its not 4x important though. Its a dead draw early game.

Darkforged Knife is very versatile here. It allows ping after Wave Collapse and, if timed right, is sure to discard 4 cards from your opponents deck. A quad discard is promising when going second against a 4se hero. 3se, Rothem and Lowest are difficult to time. I'll drop one.

Shock conductor has never failed me. At its worse it absorbs 4 damage for 3cc and can possibly deal 8 damage. Its like a mini Living Armor. No compromise here.

You're right about The Harder They Fall. Just a dull version of Wave Collapse and Mind Control in this deck.

I'm going to try;
    -1 Darkforged Knife
    -2 Ley Line Nexus
    +4 Rampant Krygon

I like the way you think. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 11-07-2014 at 01:20 AM.