Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor, The Holy Hunter

Victor, joins the Templar tribe for one last hunt.

Hero-

Victor Heartstriker 1x

Ally's-

Deepwood Bobcat 4x - standard use, sack early, only keep one in play or graveyard
    Zailen Crusader 4x- Standard use, only put into play if you have an attachment in hand that you can use
    Guardian of Unaxio 4x- Shield for hero always have one in play with another Templar
    Templar Champion 3x- +1 Damage for every Templar put into play, works great with Heroic ability do not sack
    Avenger of the Fallen 3x- +4 damage for 3 Templars in graveyard cheapdrop great offence, wait to use until 3+ in graveyard
    Paladin of Unaxio 2x- Use for fire or ice damage, otherwise sack, very situation oriented
    Aeon Storm Caller 2x- Use against any hero that can target, always keep in hand if against Boris Skullcrusher, 90% cards are 4 or less
    Gunther, General of Balor 2x- boost to deck, sack early if in card draw
    Nathanias, People's Champion 1x- obvious

Abilities-
    Hunter's Gambit 4x- obvious
    Road Less Traveled 2x- use when ally is disabled or to pull Aeon out when health is low, or to remove ally that has Stoneskin
    Scriptures of the Righteous 3x- use for card draw if slow
    Radiant Sunlight 3x- Favorite card- do not sack if you can avoid it. A lot players develop their deck around heroic ability, completely throws their strategy off.
    Poison Arrow 3x- obvious

Weapons-
    Soul Seeker 3x-obvious

Although, it may seem strange to combine Victor and Templar's I have found them to be quite synergistic.
    Example

T1, Resource
    T2, Resource
    T3, Resource, drop Guardian of Unaxio, or Zailen Crusader or, Radiant Sunlight
    T4, Resource,Heroic ability drop Deepwood Bobcat, free Hunter's Gambit if Zailen is in play, card draw, or Radiant Sunlight
    T5, Resource,Templar Champion or Soul Seeker to clean up board
    T6, Resource, drop Guardian of Unaxio and Zailen Crusader if Templar Champion is on board do 2 damage to all opposing allies
    T7, Resource, Templar Champion if you have one.
    T8, Resource, should be last resource you'll need, work on maintaining board control and start tossing in Templar's

This is an example, there is no item removal which can be frustrating, but with a lot of cheap ally's you can flood the board and negate a lot of weapons by throwing your ally's at them and recalling them with Road Less Traveled , Guardian of Unaxio helps with damage reduction on hero.
    Typically I will sack Deepwood Bobcat for resource, I only keep one in play or in the graveyard to make sure I keep Hunters Gambit ready, same with Poison Arrow. Never use Templar Champion for resources, the +1 arcane damage they do when you drop stacks, so, if you have 2 Templar Champions in play, and you drop Guardian of Unaxio and Avenger of the Fallen you do +4 damage to all opposing allies. Now, that doesn't happen often but if you have board control, which isn't hard with this deck it's game over if they have a ally deck. Apart from a board wipe this deck builds upon itself well, which is why you always want to toss a Treasured Hearloom on Avenger of the Fallen. To ensure you have a card draw in case of a wipe. Against some opponents I wont play an Ally until T4 or T5 i'll just keep removing their ally's or Radiant sunlight and then drop a army of Templar's at once. Always lead off with Templar Champion

I been working on this deck for awhile and would like any input you guys have.
    Last edited by briktop; 10-23-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not add scripture of the righteous for draw instead of TH?
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Why not add scripture of the righteous for draw instead of TH?
    You are absolutely right. I Added Scriptures of the Righteous 3x in place of Treasured Heirloom 2x this has made a huge difference in card draw. I almost don't even need Hunters Gambit for card draw anymore. This deck does a lot of arcane damage either from Templar Champion, Avenger of the Fallen, and Guardian of Unaxio.
    Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Did the deckbuilder allow you to add Stoneskin to this Victor deck? Interesting...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    Did the deckbuilder allow you to add Stoneskin to this Victor deck? Interesting...
    He probably meant it as a measure to remove opposing Stoneskin.

Ot:
    I play Vic myself so since I'm here, I might as well give my humble opinion.

IDK about the Vic/Templars combination. Didn't test it, but I feel it lacks the versatility of "standard" bobcat Vic or utility of the Twilight builds.
    That aside, the deck seems a bit unbalanced to me; too many big allies. 5+ cc are usually saced early and late game they can be useless depending on the game state. Champion and Guardian both benefit from good field so keeping Aeon, maybe even adding a 3rd, might be a good idea. But I feel that Gunther and Paladin are unnecessary, Paladin is too situational (in controllish meta it would be a good call) and Gunther is...IDK how to put it, more of a win-more-card rather than seal-the-deal card.
    Good alternatives might be Paladin of Unaxio (got more popular lately, steadfast little tank) or Aldon (mini Gunther by eff, IDK abouti it, but if you do want thatn Gunther eff, he might be ur solution).
    I wouldn't play Radiant sunlight. I do see its uses, it's cool and versatile card, but it canr uin ur tempo early game and only a few heroes like Gwen and such rely heavily on their flip. Zal, MS, Vic, BB...they all can postpone their effs, but the loss of tempo for you might decide the game. Since you're already playing Zailen, including ALR is obvious choice, must against warriors. Also, you might consider replacing RLT with Treasured heirloom, atk boost is nice, you will often play it for free (2 zailens) and it's a decent alternative draw. If you do that, adding Zealous mystic might be a fun idea, to get better value of those. But as I said, it's more of a fun choice.