Thread: Pithing spear

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    U r happy with it being unused?
    Well the art looks cool
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    Well the art looks cool
    Yes, I love it. That's why I suggested it should be used for Viska instead. I mean, if art is so hard to come by, why parade the mediocre ones while the best are put on the shelf? #smh
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Yes, I love it. That's why I suggested it should be used for Viska instead. I mean, if art is so hard to come by, why parade the mediocre ones while the best are put on the shelf? #smh
    Fair point indeed
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    U r happy with it being unused?
    +1
    Heck Yea!! Why would they want the card to be used? If this was my game I wouldn't listen to players either. Specially with art that nice. This could be a usable card but noooooo. That might he fun :\
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the card is perfect for Logan as is, Logan just needs a few other cards and some creative deck-building to have some very competitive builds. Pithing Spear and Sledgehammer round him out nicely for now.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    the card is perfect for Logan as is, Logan just needs a few other cards and some creative deck-building to have some very competitive builds. Pithing Spear and Sledgehammer round him out nicely for now.
    Personally I'd love to see Logan's weapons ability reduced to 3SE as it is with Amber and Serena and Gwenneth .... Then I think he could really come into his own. I think Shadow Font is meant to balance this out but with warriors it seems a loss of tempo at times. But Pithing Spear and Killing Spree are still perhaps his best attack combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    Personally I'd love to see Logan's weapons ability reduced to 3SE as it is with Amber and Serena and Gwenneth .... Then I think he could really come into his own. I think Shadow Font is meant to balance this out but with warriors it seems a loss of tempo at times. But Pithing Spear and Killing Spree are still perhaps his best attack combo.
    Pithing Spear's Shadow Energy exceleration effect basically reduces Logan's Shadow Ability to a maximum cost of 3 Shadow Energy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    Pithing Spear's Shadow Energy exceleration effect basically reduces Logan's Shadow Ability to a maximum cost of 3 Shadow Energy.
    Yeah true but it's kinda different. You need the spear and kill an Ally to gain the extra Shadow energy. If it was only 3SE and not dependent upon situational bonuses he would be much more formidable ... And the situational stuff could elevate his status ...
    I also think Aldmor Accelerator could be useful for him given his starting strength and health bonus's he can receive from other cards. What do you think
    I also like reading your input in all these discussions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah true but it's kinda different. You need the spear and kill an Ally to gain the extra Shadow energy. If it was only 3SE and not dependent upon situational bonuses he would be much more formidable ... And the situational stuff could elevate his status ...
    I also think Aldmor Accelerator could be useful for him given his starting strength and health bonus's he can receive from other cards. What do you think
    I also like reading your input in all these discussions
    If you're attempting to ramp his Shadow Energy, Shadow Font definitely trumps Aldmor Accelerator as it is not as slow and does not have the additional damage cost.

I don't find his ability to be one of those that are justifiably spammable though, unless you're running Killing Spree against an ally dependent deck. That's to situational.

With the Shadow Warrior factions cheap ally control and removal (Crippling Blow, Enslave the Beast, Yari Marksman, ect.), I believe no acceleration, Pithing Spear or a Shadow Energy dump such as Voracious Arachnid and/or Rothem's Visage are better routes to go.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 12-28-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah Logan's ability originally cost 3SE, they nerfed it because it was ridiculously OP (it comboed very strongly with certain weapons). Logan is so close to being T2 or 1 right now, I'd rather see some more specific cards and synergies that make him slightly stronger. Not to mention there's no changing cards that are already printed. Pithing spear is a very strong card in Logan decks as is, so it doesn't need a buff, it's other Logan cards that can use small buffs.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!