Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Howl At The Moon(stalker)

Evening all, I have decided that I wanted to build a nice tribal deck, like I do in MtG, and Wulven looked like the way to go. My deck list below, and some tips would be very welcome. Thank you all in advance.

***HERO***
    Moonstalker

***Allies (29)***
    4x Bad Wolf
    3x Wulven Tracker
    4x Pack Wolf
    4x Wulven Predator
    4x Wulven Scout
    3x Wulven Tactician
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    3x Dread Wolf

***Abilities (6)***
    4x Captured Prey
    2x Sacrificial Lamb

***Items (4)***
    4x Dreadclaw Totem

***Armors (3)***
    3x Wrath of the Forest

TOTAL: 42 cards + Hero

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi there. Death From Above is a very handy card, to take out allies 4cc or below. You might also want to consider Griptooth so that you can hide folks behind him as an alternative to stealth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi!
    Didn't play tribal MS yet, but I'm laying UndeadStalker for some time now so i can give you advices based on that.

-2 Sacrificial lamb
    Good card, but you're not using your grave a lot and you need field presence. That being said, it might be a good idea to move it out. Even in my undead variation it's often dead

Cards you must include
    2-3 Now you're mine - great removal, grants early field control and opens ups space to stabile mid game
    3 Death from above - even better removal. Ally on the field isn't hard requirement to meet, but the effect is quite devastating.
    4 Blood moon - generic Wulven draw. It tampers with your se power a bit, but if you use it well, that won't be a problem. The key is to create card advantage while saving se and then go all out while hiding behind stealth for a few turns. It's pretty hard to recover from that.

Cards you might wanna try out
    Gromm's whip - Veles included it in his UndeadStalker and I tested it for fun. Results were awesome because it makes your dmg output not only greater, but more effective. Se requirement is a bit tricky, but the card did wonders for me and I just have to mention it. 2 could do the trick nicely if you'd like to try it out.
    Shadow font - often gets saced, but can save you, especially in close games because opponents then will probably aim for the head when your stealth expires. If they do this, SF seals the deal. Any number from1 to 4 can be good, but I play 2 (more is cloggy for me)

Cards you might wanna kick out or reduce quantity

Bad wolf - really easy to remove, bad version of gargoyle in my oppinion
    Captured prey - there are better wulven removals I mentioned earlier. True, those can't hit 5+cc allies, but those can often be taken care of using allies and/or Whip if you decide to use it. 2-3 might be better than 4 if you really like it in here.
    Dreadclaw totem - good card, but I really dislike cards that don't get you anything atm or guaranteed. This card isn't the best 3rd drop I can imagine and I didn't have problems with it when it was used against me as Wulven, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Elemental...never. It's simply too easy to bypass using relatively common cards which won't cost me tempo. I can see it being good, but 4...seems a lot to me personally

Again, not an expert on tirbal MS, all the suggestions I gave are based on my matches against it with various decks and on my experiences as Undead MS. If some Tribal MS expert says sth different than my comment, listen to them, but I think I made more than a few key points.
    Hope I helped and have fun!

Edit:
    Idk if you like Ramones, but the thread name just asked for this song:
    http://youtu.be/UmHoXqzy8GU
    Last edited by JohnnyCRO; 11-08-2014 at 02:08 PM.